No announcement yet.

Younger Optics Launches NuPolar® Infinite Gray™ Lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking whether the Infinite Gray polarization efficiency varies depending on how dark it is. The question of whether the polarization coefficient of Infinite Gray is lower than Gray-1: I'll have to find out and get back to you.

Originally posted by Quince View Post
    I was under the impression that a Grey 3 had more polarization to it than a Grey 1. The darkness of the lens contributing to the factor. Please correct me here- but I've noticed that with the polar testers, from Maui and such, are not nearly as colorful looking through a lighter polarized lens, such as a Grey 1 or rose.

YO Aimee
    Younger Optics
    Manufacturer of NuPolar, Drivewear, Image, Adage, Trilogy and Camber lenses
    https://www.facebook.com/YoungerOptics

Comment

Thank you! Tricky questions for a tricky lens!
      Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Comment

Does the fact that Infinite Grey, being lighter than a Grey-1 in its lightest state, mean that the polarization is less effective?
        What is remarkable about NuPolar Infinite Gray it that it’s lighter than Gray-1 but still has a very high polarization efficiency. Generally, the lighter a polarized lens is, the lower the efficiency is, especially for non-NuPolar products. Most light non-NuPolar products on the market have low polarization efficiencies. With NuPolar, we always make sure the efficiency is very high or we don’t release the product. That’s what makes Infinite Gray so remarkable. It took a lot of technical breakthroughs to make a light, but highly efficient polarizer.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you David!

Would you say that the level of polarization is the same level with all NuPolar products regardless of tint density? Or is it that the NuPolar line's grade 1 polarization is closer to grade 3 than other products?
          Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Comment

I was under the impression that a Grey 3 had more polarization to it than a Grey 1. The darkness of the lens contributing to the factor. Please correct me here- but I've noticed that with the polar testers, from Maui and such, are not nearly as colorful looking through a lighter polarized lens, such as a Grey 1 or rose.
            Hi Quince, as a general rule, with polarized lenses in the industry those colors that are lighter TEND to be less efficient. With Nupolar that is typically not the case. The main reason is that Younger makes most of its polarizing film in house. We get in raw materials and liquid chemicals and actually make our own film from scratch. Because of this our process is kept to very high standards of polarization, it is an area where Younger/Nupolar does NOT compromise. If we can't make a color with a high level of efficiency, we won't market it, regardless of density. Other manufacturer's products range from VERY GOOD to VERY POOR, most of it depends on where they buy their film AND their manufacturing process. Making a poor or mediocre polarized lens is very easy, making a very good one is EXCEEDINGLY difficult. Hope this helps...dave
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X