“The number one complaint I hear about polarized lenses,” says David Rips, president and CEO of Younger Optics, at a recent sales meeting, “is that they’re too dark. The second most common is that they’re too light!” His audience of Younger Optics Sales Reps chuckles with recognition. “Younger Optics is now introducing a polarized sunwear lens that is very light gray when it needs to be, and very dark gray when the wearer needs it most.”

The new product is called NuPolar Infinite Gray, and it is now available in polycarbonate from optical laboratories. The darkness of the lens is controlled with a new UV-responsive photochromic technology that offers the widest range of light absorption of any polarized photochromic lens.

Who are NuPolar Infinite Gray lenses for?
NuPolar Infinite Gray lenses are for patients who want a high-efficiency polarized Rx sunwear lens that can function seamlessly from shade to bright sunlight, and anything in between.

What is the range of transmission from light to dark?
From approximately 35% transmittance in low-UV surroundings to ~9% in very bright, reflective environments.

What is the current and future availability of NuPolar Infinite Gray lenses?
Currently available in gray, single-vision polycarbonate. Gray single-vision hard resin will be next.

Where can I find out more?
See the links below. If you would like to see the lens in person, please visit us at Vision Expo East at booth #LP4413 in March. Eyecare professionals who visit the booth are eligible to request a free-fit coupon.

Material: Polycarbonate

Rx Range -9.50D to +6.00D

Base Curves: 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

NuPolar® Infinite Gray™ Leaflet for ECPs - English

NuPolar® Infinite Gray™ Leaflet for ECPs - Spanish

NuPolar® Infinite Gray™ Video

NuPolar® Infinite Gray™ Technical Specifications

Let me know if you have any questions!