Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 84 of 84

Thread: Essilor/Clearly Injunction Update

  1. #76
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dorval, a suburb of Montreal in a park like environment on Lake St.Louis.
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    22,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post

    Chris, the issue with that model is a consumer can purchase the same brands online with a selling price lower than your cost.

    Then all is left to sell and promote is service, from adjusting to whatever is needed.

    You can not reverse history. I have not yet purchased any glasses online, but everything else from cameras to air conditioners if I can save 30 to 40% over regular retail.

    The Essilux merger will make them the largest block of optical online retailers, worldwide.
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  2. #77
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Elmer J Fudd's yacht
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Then all is left to sell and promote is service, from adjusting to whatever is needed.

    You can not reverse history. I have not yet purchased any glasses online, but everything else from cameras to air conditioners if I can save 30 to 40% over regular retail.

    The Essilux merger will make them the largest block of optical online retailers, worldwide.
    Consumers are never that loyal. Import the Chinese knock offs of the brands at a fraction of the price and now one can compete. It's already happening and most aren't even aware of it, nor can they tell the difference.

    As for the lenses, there are hundreds of private label brands in today's marketplace that will perform the same in quality as the big boys also at a fraction of the price.

    ECP's don't realize that there are other options out there if you search hard enough. Corporations have basically brain washed them into believing there is nothing out there that compares with their products. Even the Big H is guilty of this. It's all BS and self preservation.

  3. #78
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dorval, a suburb of Montreal in a park like environment on Lake St.Louis.
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    22,399

    Redhot Jumper We can expect to hear, that the merger has been completed ..........................

    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post

    ECP's don't realize that there are other options out there if you search hard enough. Corporations have basically brain washed them into believing there is nothing out there that compares with their products. Even the Big H is guilty of this. It's all BS and self preservation.

    Good point.......................

    So far nobody has else come up with another action idea to counter what is going start in a few days from today, or anytime thereafter.

    Optiboard and a very few others, are your only instant and direct communication means left on the internet, at a time when such a means is of the highest value.

    As of next Monday July 2, 2018 we can expect to hear, that the merger has been completed or will happen anytime now, and read and experience a new way, to sell eyeglasses to the public, in massive worldwide, news and advertising campaigns.

    The official change of optical eyeglass retail sales, is going to happen over the next few days !
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  4. #79
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Elmer J Fudd's yacht
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Good point.......................

    So far nobody has else come up with another action idea to counter what is going start in a few days from today, or anytime thereafter.

    Optiboard and a very few others, are your only instant and direct communication means left on the internet, at a time when such a means is of the highest value.

    As of next Monday July 2, 2018 we can expect to hear, that the merger has been completed or will happen anytime now, and read and experience a new way, to sell eyeglasses to the public, in massive worldwide, news and advertising campaigns.

    The official change of optical eyeglass retail sales, is going to happen over the next few days !
    The sun will still rise and set that day Chris. The OD's I've spoken with recently are starting to make the migration away from them but it's a slow process for most. To change an entire office and retrain your staff requires time and patience.

  5. #80
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dorval, a suburb of Montreal in a park like environment on Lake St.Louis.
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    22,399
    So now with the postponement to the end of July they all can relax.
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 07-06-2018 at 01:41 AM.
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  6. #81
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Elmer J Fudd's yacht
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    So now with the postponement to the end of July they all can relax.
    China could pull a Trump and end the whole thing dead in its tracks.

  7. #82
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dorval, a suburb of Montreal in a park like environment on Lake St.Louis.
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    22,399

    Blue Jumper Lens maker has farsighted vision............................

    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post

    China could pull a Trump and end the whole thing dead in its tracks.

    If China would pull a Trump as you say .............the counter move by the French/Italians could also threaten to pull out all of their manufacturing in China and move it to another location.

    .............and here is the real reason:


    Lensmaker has farsighted vision

    By Shi Jing in Shanghai | ChinaDaily | Updated: 2018-02-13 09:54


    We entered China In 1995. Now, 800 million Chinese people need vision correction but only a few hundreds of them have really corrected their vision. The biggest vision issues in China is myopia. To that end, our first purpose in China is to enlarge our capacity of production. That's why we have done a number of partnerships in the past few years.



    See all of it:

    http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20180...dcc13c742.html
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  8. #83
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Elmer J Fudd's yacht
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    If China would pull a Trump as you say .............the counter move by the French/Italians could also threaten to pull out all of their manufacturing in China and move it to another location.

    .............and here is the real reason:


    Lensmaker has farsighted vision

    By Shi Jing in Shanghai | ChinaDaily | Updated: 2018-02-13 09:54


    We entered China In 1995. Now, 800 million Chinese people need vision correction but only a few hundreds of them have really corrected their vision. The biggest vision issues in China is myopia. To that end, our first purpose in China is to enlarge our capacity of production. That's why we have done a number of partnerships in the past few years.



    See all of it:

    http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20180...dcc13c742.html
    Which would then transpire into a price increase on all products that are already far over priced.

  9. #84
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dorval, a suburb of Montreal in a park like environment on Lake St.Louis.
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    22,399

    Redhot Jumper a price increase on all products that are already far over priced....................

    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post

    Which would then transpire into a price increase on all products that are already far over priced.

    Yes it would .............................

    A price increase at the manufacturing level in today's business world will translate into a higher cost to the end user. Depending on the product type and multiplier used, as well as through how many hands it goes before reaching the end user.

    In the optical retail, which has used and enjoyed one of the higher markups for the last 200 years because of the high level of lens breakage cost when they were still made in glass.

    In the newest wave of optical eyeglass sellers on the internet
    the largest block is owned by the world's largest two optical manufacturers which are expected to merge at the end of this month, July 2018, and their pricing hike would be minimal to even make a difference on the retail level.
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Update
    By Shwing in forum Canadian Discussion Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 08:57 PM
  2. Court Issues Permanent Injunction Against Concepts in Optics in Aspex Case
    By Chris Ryser in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 11:36 AM
  3. Cherokee Update
    By Roy R. Ferguson in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 11:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
BC College of Optics, Younger Optics and Vision Equipment