Thread: Eyemed Madness

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Confused Eyemed Madness

I have not been able to login to my Eyemed for 3 days now. Numerous attempts to have customer service fix this have failed.

Recently, Eyemed made a change to how you login, (its supposed to be easier) this requires a password reset email. I have reset my password 17 million times and to no prevail I have not received one reset password email to do so.

I am just curious if anyone else is having this problem?

Regards,

EZ
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We had the same issue. It boiled down to having the incorrect email listed for the account. If the practice has a separate email address for the infocus account, try checking that one for the reset password.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by ptdang View Post
    We had the same issue. It boiled down to having the incorrect email listed for the account. If the practice has a separate email address for the infocus account, try checking that one for the reset password.
    Just updated my infocus account, although it did have the correct address. Any other suggestions?
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    We had the same problem. I didn't handle the call, but I know my co-worker fixed it over the phone... after a 30 minute hold time. Good luck
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Occupation
    All fixed. Needed to just talk to someone competent enough at Eyemed. You can imagine how hard that actually was.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the Lab View Post
    All fixed. Needed to just talk to someone competent enough at Eyemed. You can imagine how hard that actually was.
    Was that competent person riding a unicorn with Santa in Shagrala.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I haven't had any problems with logging in, but billing and payments seem to be a nightmare. Apparently we rarely ever get a payment from eyemed due to all the charge backs. It so difficult to reconcile accounts. My billing dept is going crazy! She told me that we had to switch to electronic payments, so when we actually do get something from them, it doesn't say it's from eyemed. Does anyone know why eyemed has 20 accounts that they pay from? It seems awful fishy to me.
    Last edited by mervinek; 12-19-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    I haven't had any problems with logging in, but billing and payments seem to be a nightmare. Apparently we rarely ever get a payment from eyemed due to all the charge backs. It so difficult to reconcile accounts. My billing dept is going crazy! She told me that we had to switch to electronic payments, so when we actually do get something from them, it doesn't say it's from eyemed. Does anyone know why eyemed has 20 accounts that they pay from? It seems awful fishy to me.

Or why the amounts or back date moves? The whole thing is a sham... but no one wants to listen to that in my office because it gets people in the door. Supposedly, my office owes Eyemed a fluctuating amount because they changed their rules about charging for scratch coat. Therefore, the amounts now owed to us for current sales is being deducted from what we 'owe' them. Sounds like now is the time to back out.

What can I say? I want to be a rebel. I'd rather have less patients and ACTUALLY make a profit.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Quince View Post
    Or why the amounts or back date moves? The whole thing is a sham... but no one wants to listen to that in my office because it gets people in the door. Supposedly, my office owes Eyemed a fluctuating amount because they changed their rules about charging for scratch coat. Therefore, the amounts now owed to us for current sales is being deducted from what we 'owe' them. Sounds like now is the time to back out.

What can I say? I want to be a rebel. I'd rather have less patients and ACTUALLY make a profit.
    YES! YES! YES! I can't agree more! We could have several exams that they owe us for, but since they all get paid out of different accounts, it makes it more confusing with the chargebacks. Half the chargebacks are from a different account from some of the exams. I just can't make sense out of it!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Not to mention, you can't get a call back from those people to help figure it out! I am evaluating numbers now to see if we are going to discontinue EyeMed immediately. We've had such explosive growth that it has been difficult to even turn our attention to them, but if everyone is having the same sort of trouble, then there is a high likelihood of our dropping Eyemed immediately.

Occupation
    IDK about the billing questions, all my EOB's in my office are handled by a 20 year vet. If she doesn't get every last nickel and dime we are owed from Eyemed...she gets on the horn and hunts them down. They are notorious for charge backs, however, according to an ex-essilux employee, the lab situation with Eyemed is once again going to change as soon as the merger goes through.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Thread Information