Thread: How many people total does VSP employ globally as of 2017?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

How many people total does VSP employ globally as of 2017?

Anyone know?

EyeMed either perhaps?

Curiosity really...but I expect it's got to be well in the thousands if not tens. Even more curious since they lost their tax exempt status and made profits in excess of 2 Billion dollars in 2002, heaven knows what that's jumped to today?! Surely that takes an army of minions to keep up.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper a group of optometrists founded VSP in September 1955................................

About VSP

The personalized eye care from a VSP network doctor helps you see well, stay healthy and maximize your individual potential. That vision drives everything we do.

History
    With a dream of providing high-quality, cost-effective eye care benefits, a group of optometrists founded VSP in September 1955. More than 60 years later, we offer world-class products and services to eye care professionals, employers, and more than 80 million members.

Careers
    As one of the VSP Global® businesses, VSP Vision Care is the largest vision benefits company in the U.S. If you're service-oriented, quality-minded, relationship-driven, and dedicated, VSP Vision Care has exciting career opportunities for you.

Corporate Social Responsibility
    Through Eyes of Hope®, VSP Global supports local communities around the globe through initiatives that bring eye care, eyewear, education, and disaster relief to places where they're needed most.

Diversity & Inclusion
    We’re a global leader that fosters social, cultural, and economic diversity in a creative and collaborative environment, based on inclusion.

Leadership
    Quality leadership is vital to the effective growth of any organization. Meet the forward-looking leaders who guide our business.

Newsroom
    Check out articles and videos that offer important eye health information, the latest industry news, our disaster outreach efforts, and more.

VSP Global®
    VSP Global offers world-class products and services to eye care professionals, employers, and more than 85 million members around the world through a group of leading businesses providing access to comprehensive eye care coverage, access to cutting-edge frame styles and brands, design of custom interiors and merchandising systems, innovative e-commerce and practice management solutions, and technologically advanced lab services. With the strength and experience of these businesses behind it, VSP Global stands apart and delivers benefits, services, products, and solutions that are unparalleled in the world-wide optical industry.

source:
    https://www.vsp.com/about-vsp.html

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah. That tells me nothing. Again, the original question was how many people VSP (and perhaps EyeMed too if anyone has the data) directly employs.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    There's probably a few less now. I just got an email saying they are increasing exam reimbursements. I imagine whoever thought of that idea will be let go. It's best to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I understand the reimbursements can go up ever so slightly in a given area if enough doctors grow a pair and complain loudly enough. ;) But part of the context of my original question is how many (approximately) extra sets of hands are in the proverbial cookie jar of a patients wallet when these "insurance" companies get involved. Again, I'm certain it's thousands, likely tens. But would be VERY interested to know a reasonably accurate current figure for either or both companies.

Thread Information