Thread: Optical Survey

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Optical Survey

The docs want to do a patient satisfaction survey of our optical. They don't want the opticians involved in it. Any ideas on the logistics of how to run it to get the patients to actually participate.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    You could offer a set amount or percentage off for future pairs after completing or you could enter them into a drawing for some sort of prize. We have run promos before where we have a giveaway for something related to the frame lines we carry, ex. branded tote bag, unisex plano sunglass, drink tumbler. This is a good time to hit up your reps for some fun give away items.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The only thing I can think of is to give them self-addressed stamped envelopes...but even then, it's iffy. You can always go old school and have someone else call the patient and do it over the phone, but I find that a lot of people don't answer, or are at work. Maybe if they fill out the form, turn it in with their names on it that they can be in a drawing to win some kind of prize. Gift cards are best, but optical products can usually be provided by your reps at no charge to you.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use Websytem3 for our appointment reminders. They have a feature that will send patients and email asking them to fill out a survey the day after their appointment. We use this feature. It gives you a good idea on how you are doing. keeps staff out of it completely.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    You will get the greatest response by email. There are a number of good customer satisfaction survey applications out there. I'm not sure if they are still in business but there used to be a company called "Secret Shopper" that was quite proficient rating customer service and ferreting out employee theft.
    Last edited by rbaker; 11-09-2017 at 05:11 PM.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by iaxbbcp View Post
    We use Websytem3 for our appointment reminders. They have a feature that will send patients and email asking them to fill out a survey the day after their appointment. We use this feature. It gives you a good idea on how you are doing. keeps staff out of it completely.
    yup, same.

Thread Information