ABO Advanced Exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABO Advanced Exam

I took the ABO Advanced certification this weekend and the preliminary results are in. Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I passed!!!!!

It was harder and easier than I expected. I had less math then some I have heard of, but several questions on refraction. I was at OPTICON so I had to bring my own computer, and after hearing a calculator horror story, I bought my own calculator (Which I made sure was an approved one that I could bring). Thank you to everyone who helped with advice and encouragement. I can't wait to move forward to the ABOM.

Jason Sale ABO-AC

Congrats! It is always encouraging to hear success stories. Any advice for those preparing?
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Comment

Congrats Jason. Enjoy the ride to "M"!

Comment

I studied the ABO advanced exam review book, and the Optical Formulas Tutorial chapters 3-6. The second book was based on the recommendation of someone who had just passed the ABO advanced exam. What you will run across on the test will vary from test to test. Mine was a little less heavy in math than some I have heard from. And when you take the test. Read each question thoroughly and carefully. Get a simple scientific (Non-programmable) calculator. They allow you to bring your own. Based on what I have heard, you might or might not get a decent one at the exam site. I just called the ABO-NCLE and made sure the calculator I had was acceptable.

Comment

This is a good link to studying for the ABO advanced. https://www.optiboard.com/forums/sho...ed-test-PASSED!

Comment

Congratulations to you.

Diane
            Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

congrats man, you guys inspire me to never stop myself.

Comment

Congratulations Jason, never stop grinding.
                Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Comment

Working...
                X