Hi,

Getting a pair of full rim eye glasses. I cannot tolerate the polished edges on the pair of lenses I had. My optician said the edge finish is largely preference in terms of reflection if one is not getting them completely polished. According to him a satin or frosted finish will give the consumer the same reflection factor. However, i have read different opinions online in terms of less reflection with satin while others prefer frosted for less overall reflection. I have a full rim frame wtih CR39 lenses. Would anyone be able to venture an opinion as to what type of edge finish may be best for someone with a high (LED) glare work environment? i have a weak prescription.

I also wonder if it larger frames would be better to shield my eyes. According to my optician, smaller lenses are better because they allow for less reflection. But i want the most protection for my eyes when staring at a screen. in other words i want light to be filtered before it enters my eye if possible through some sort of lense. Are larger frames a better idea, despite the chance of more reflection?

Lastly, the lens material for the pair of frames is CR39. I can get a Crizal CR39 or a "generic" CR39. I am going with the Crizal CR39 because it is what the optician recommended. but will i notice a difference with either?

many thanks on any opinions provided. i trust my optician but i know everyone has different experience with eyeglasses and any experience/opinion provided here would be appreciated.