Thread: Midland Optical St Louis

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Midland Optical St Louis

Any experience with them?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have been using them as a 3rd lab for about 2 years. Just made the decision to move the bulk of our work over to them. Quality, and service has been good for us. Their turn around times compared to the other 2 labs we had been using are phenomenal.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Midland has been our primary lab for 20 years. We have a spectacular relationship with them and they never let us down in service, quality is excellent, turnaround isn't superfast but it is very consistent. They are an Essilor partner lab and obviously very heavy into those products.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Absolutely wonderful. Just switched over to a new optical and we use a different lab. Am trying to talk the doctor into using Midland. They are more expensive than most labs, but in the long run, best experience.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    My previous job used Midland for the majority of their jobs. Quality and accuracy seemed great most of the time. Their holiday snacks they would send were nice, too :) However our jobs would take close to two weeks to come in, and if there was an error, it would take about as long to get it fixed.

Currently, our office uses Walman/Soderberg and we LOVE them. They truly go above and beyond for us AND our patients. Customer service and their tech line is wonderful. Quality and accuracy of their work is great as well. I don't see us switching any time soon.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    tx11,

I used to work for Midland and I would recommend that you use them. They have some really experienced people (20+ years is common) and they expect a lot out of their employees in terms of quality.

As Specs Appeal mentioned though, sometimes it may take a little longer to get work. For all their optical experience, in my opinion, they stumble a bit in the manufacturing part. I believe they're making efforts to remedy this.

-Rob
    Robert Minardi ABO-AC
    https://robertminardi.com/

"If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I used to work for Midland as a Final Inspector, the office I am with now uses them exclusively, some excellent talent working there as the previous poster said. Use them with confidence.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Like specs appeal, I switched from Midland to walman. You really can't go wrong with either. On average, walman's turnaround is probably 2 days quicker. That DOESN'T mean walman doesn't have that job that takes 2+weeks to come in for whatever reason. I chose walman over Midland for its house line of digital progressives and anti reflective. They have a house digital, house compensated and house camber. I believe the compensated and camber are IOT lenses. Midland has the eyedef, which is fantastic and can/should be what you put your self pay patients in as a value lens, but they lack any other house options. As other posters stated, they are very competent and you should feel comfortable in your choice of them.

Thread Information