Thread: Consumer spectacle lens for high myopia: Custom Zeiss or IOT Optimized SV?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Consumer spectacle lens for high myopia: Custom Zeiss or IOT Optimized SV?

Hello all!
    I hope I'm abiding by the rules by posting in "Just Conversation."

I truly respect your opinions and value your craft, and only want to gather information to make the best decision for my vision and limited finances.

This is a large purchase for me, and a huge component of my day-to-day health. I hope for the best every time a new glasses purchase comes around, but in light of my Rx I often have uncomfortable heavy lenses and visual distortion i.e. "small eyes."

This time I set out to research as much as possible and work with a lens professional. But I'm just double checking here.

I am OD: -10.50 -1.50 013 OS: -10.50 -3.00 164.

The frames I'm fit with are:
    Lens width : 45 mm, Lens height : 39 mm, Frame width : 132 mm, Bridge : 20 mm, Temple length : 140 mm.

The lens options presented to me are:

1.) 1.67 High Index Zeiss (Flat) Custom ---- $366 with best coating
    2.) 1.74 HIgh Index Ultrathin Zeiss Individual Custom ----$346 with best coating
    3.) IOT Optimized SV with a Digital Lenticular fully customized-----$495 with best coating.

My question is, with my prescription, should I manage my expectations that the $495 top of the line option would stop the "small eyes" effect? Or is that leap absolutely worth the extra money? I'm just concerned because the word "custom" appears in every option, and it is very confusing, as the price difference from one to the next means quite a bit to me.

I do want the best for my eyes, but if the improvement between one option and another is only 10% but that costs an extra $150, I would likely avoid it.

I appreciate your insight.
    There are so many routes to take!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    s per the forum rules you agreed to when you registered:

"This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are not allowed to post on the Board, although they can read posts and search topics."

All the professional Opticians on this site would love to help you solve your problems or answer your questions about your eye care and eye wear need! But vision and visual solutions can have thousands of correct as well as incorrect answers.

We care about your vision and visual needs so strongly that we must advise you to seek a professional in the eye care field. Only with in-person evaluation can you truly get a proper diagnosis. You PD and powers are simply not enough information to give you any kind of advice other than speculation. We are sure that you want the best in eye care, as we want for you. Please seek out someone that you can discuss your issues with in person.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information