Thread: OD looking for work in Manit oba, Saskachwan or BC

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

OD looking for work in Manit oba, Saskachwan or BC

I am posting this ad on behalf of a friend of mine who is an international trained optometrist presently practising in the UK. His credentials has been assessed by FAROC in Canada and he has submitted the application for permanent residence under the federal highly skilled program, which has been accepted

All he needs now is a job offer from a Canadian employer looking for an optometrist. He is willing to enter into a legal contract to work in your practice once he completes the bridging program and passes all my relevant exams (in approximately 1 year).

He is also willing to relocate to any part of Canada to practice as an optometrist upon the completion of the bridging program.

Looking forward to getting some offers.

Cheers

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello,
    I am interested. Currently looking for an O.D. can you private message me?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by withwapp View Post
    I am posting this ad on behalf of a friend of mine who is an international trained optometrist presently practising in the UK. His credentials has been assessed by FAROC in Canada and he has submitted the application for permanent residence under the federal highly skilled program, which has been accepted

All he needs now is a job offer from a Canadian employer looking for an optometrist. He is willing to enter into a legal contract to work in your practice once he completes the bridging program and passes all my relevant exams (in approximately 1 year).

He is also willing to relocate to any part of Canada to practice as an optometrist upon the completion of the bridging program.

Looking forward to getting some offers.

Cheers
    One year down the line is the time frame I am looking for. I am familiar with the skilled worker visa. Email is eyedesign15@gmail.com

Thd

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello

Thanks for your response. I will send you an email now.

Cheers

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Looks like Samuel Babs or, his full real name, Samuel Babarinde, is back at it (Withwapp). Elsewhere on optiboard he has misrepresented himself as an optometrist, and may be posing as an IOBP grad from the UK.

He is from the UK, graduated in IT from London Metropolitan and emigrated to Canada 2006 to establish online eyeglass retailer Supereyespex, despite its illegality, in Ontario. Later he set up School Vision Care with a trailer in BC (hence his Vancouver location) then Ontario to screen kids at schools, and Westfield Optical. The optometrists involved were persecuted by the Ontario college for failing the standards of care and School Vision Care and Westfield disappeared spring 2016. However, throughout, he remains active online with schemes to attract foreign investment in scholarships, water parks, flea market malls, ect.
    He will be familiar with terminology regarding the IOBP program as SVC hired a few of them. (IOBP recently cancelled the shorter 8week bridging 1 and is now offers only the year long program.)
    However, despite his claims Mr. Babs/Barbarinde is NOT a licensed optician or an optometrist. He is aggressive and threatens to sue everybody when he does not get his way.
    Beware.

For a background check: any student who graduated in one of the UK optometry schools would have had to register here as part of their training:

https://www.optical.org/en/utilities...-registers.cfm

Thread Information