Thread: Frames in the $99-150 price range.

OptiBoard Professional Kujiradesu's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Frames in the $99-150 price range.

Im attempting to assess the inventory of my optical shop. We carry a wide array of brands, but an area that I think were lacking in is the $99 to $150 (retail of course) price range. We either have really crummy (i.e. Not quality frames) for $99 or we have Ray-Ban and others that have a bottom of $159 or $169. I want to have a variety of price points and styles for my patients to choose from, and I would like to offer them something that is a well made quality product. This is my conundrum.

I was thinking about Aristar by Charmant as my Charmant rep asked me if I wanted to start carrying them. The price point is about where I would like it to be and they seem well made and there are classic designs as well as more interesting (if boring) styles too. Anyone have a favorite brand in this demographic that makes a quality product? I would love to hear about it.
    Optical Cross: n. crucifixion apparatus used by the New Jersey State Board.

"It is not knowing, but the love of learning, that characterizes the scientific [person]." -Charles Sanders Peirce

"A concept is a brick. It can be used to build a courthouse of reason. Or it can be thrown through the window. -Gilles Deleuze

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Depending on how you markup:
    Hart/New York Eye: their Ernest Hemingway, Marie Claire, Esquire, Valerie Spencer- our office ranges from $149 to $179. Enhance and Jubilee - can retail around $89-$129.
    Charmant: their Aristar line would be about the range you are looking for, more towards the $139-$159 pricing to patients. Charmant now has the license for Eddie Bauer and that should be close to the $149-$169 retail range.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Talk to your other reps about closeouts, too. We stock our insurance-friendly boards with recent discos from Marchon and Clearvision.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Reflections is our bread and butter. Elan is a good line for this range as well as Life Is Good (beautiful and clean designs- questionable quality). The rest of product in that section are closeouts for us. JLo, Ellen Tracy, and other randomness. It fluctuates. Candies are the next step up for us, at $169.99.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    SDEyes https://sdeyewear.com/ (formerly Silver Dollar Optical). Huge selection in many different lines, perfectly good quality, even some very surprisingly nice designs, and everything is priced equal to or less than Ray Ban.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLiv View Post
    SDEyes https://sdeyewear.com/ (formerly Silver Dollar Optical). Huge selection in many different lines, perfectly good quality, even some very surprisingly nice designs, and everything is priced equal to or less than Ray Ban.
    Plus they enclose a tootsie roll with every order

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Plus they are a very nice company to deal with.

Optical Thingymajig OptiBoard Gold Supporter PartTimer's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I'll double up on the Reflections recommendation: a lot of i-deal can work in that range. Zyloware has a lot of options that work there, too, especially if you get the right price. Let us know where you land!

Thread Information