Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The lousy Luxottica service

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

The lousy Luxottica service

Is it just me or has any of you noticed the lousy customer service coming from Luxottica , over the past 3 months. telephone calls are told to leave a message and they will call back, but they never do. Is this an example of the "new" ESSILUX future.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe View Post
    Is it just me or has any of you noticed the lousy customer service coming from Luxottica , over the past 3 months. telephone calls are told to leave a message and they will call back, but they never do. Is this an example of the "new" ESSILUX future.
    Nope. You are not alone.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe View Post

Do not blame the company, whoever it is. It is the new phone systems where you need nobody to answer the calls, which then are diverted to the department you choose by pressing a number.

The person at that extension is either busy on the phone or has taken the phone of the hook, and you can get nowhere else. The they do not check their messages and don't call back.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    LOL... they want you to use the web,making the telephone gals and guys obselete

more importantly, has anyone noticed that the plastics lux is using in their luxury lines are not holding up, after a few months of wear?
    i am getting many many patient complaints(frames that are months old ,look years old)

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEINPEACE View Post
    LOL... they want you to use the web,making the telephone gals and guys obselete

more importantly, has anyone noticed that the plastics lux is using in their luxury lines are not holding up, after a few months of wear?
    i am getting many many patient complaints(frames that are months old ,look years old)

They've had major problems with their frame polish for a while now. One dip in a hotbox and they are done for. That's a big factor in why we have been phasing them out.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Occupation
    Not just that, but they won't stand up to cleaning with IPA, either. Getting the tag glue residue off is a nightmare.

Occupation
    Hmm, last I heard, if a call goes to VM and the rep does not retrieve, nor respond to the VM, then indeed, it is the company's fault. Lux also does not respond to emails promptly, unless you send the email to the regional account rep.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Goo-gone =) works wonders for sticker residue.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Only rayban. That is the only reason to carry them.

Marchon, Lux who gives a ... Nike frames be breaking like whoa and marchon reps act like you should be happy they will sell you their frames. Phase it all out until they make their brick and mortar startups. I'm not scared of Lenscrafters, I'm not scared of VSPearlesCViSion.

I have frames and and lenses and coatings and the best R/Xs and service around.

Come at me bro.
    Last edited by Tallboy; 05-07-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Occupation
    if they are that bad .........................what did they do to become the largest and most successful frame manufacturer world wide .

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PearlStation.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	13293 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PearlStation2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	13294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PearlStation3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	13295
    Hey guys, found your messages!

(I have no working relationship with Luxottica and don't have a recent, first-hand opinion on this topic.)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    if they are that bad .........................what did they do to become the largest and most successful frame manufacturer world wide .
    You know the answer to this question chris.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Lux USED to have solid product. RayBans were my go-to not just for name recognition but for sturdiness and reliabilty. Now, as other users have said, the quality of their zyls has taken a sharp downturn. When I pick up a pair of RBs now, they feel "hollow" to me.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    the metals are even worse. any of the metals not made in italy have pad arms that will fall off after being adjusted 5 or 10 times.
    the main place the cust service has gotten worse is in the constant re-shuffling of sizes and colors. i can sell a frame today, have it break in 6 months, and half the time i'll find out that the style has been discontinued, or now it only comes in aquamarine and cherry tango but no longer tortoise, or they used to make it in 49 and 51 and now INSTEAD that make it only in 54 or 56. and they never, ever, ever have anything available to "service" the frame they just sold to us a few months ago, we Rx-ed, and has now broken. not trying to start a conspiracy theory, but its almost like they want to expose our backsides to customer angst

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh brother. You know the answer. They build their "empire" on buying other, *QUALITY* lines, and flushing them down the toilet. All the while riding on the brand recognition, hard work, and quality that OTHERS had done, while simultaneously destroying the brands beyond all recognition. Sometimes then selling the now desiccated shell of the original brand off yet again, when they had sucked it's carcass dry. *coughrevocough*

Classy.

Occupation

Blue Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post

Only rayban. That is the only reason to carry them.

The RayBan brand originated as a Bausch & Lomb sunglass aviator model and was an instant success in the 1950s. The frames were gold filled 1/10th 12K, top quality, and so were the lenses.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    The RayBan brand originated as a Bausch & Lomb sunglass aviator model and was an instant success in the 1950s. The frames were gold filled 1/10th 12K, top quality, and so were the lenses.
    Didn't B&L start manufacture in the 40s? Really thought I read somewhere that MacArthur's shades were original RayBans.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Late 1930's actually. The aviator as we know it today appeared between 1938/39.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    getting to the top is one thing...staying there is totally different.

Occupation

Blue Jumper getting to the top is one thing...staying there is totally different.................

Quote Originally Posted by CME4SPECS View Post

As far as I can understand Luxottica is still on top world wide.

OptiBoard has some 750 active, posting members, working in the optical business, wherever they are geographically located, while Lux operates over 2000 optical stores in North America. So who could outvote the other.

Occupation

Blue Jumper In addition to popularity in the 1950s, aviators were popular in the 1970s...........

Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post

Late 1930's actually. The aviator as we know it today appeared between 1938/39.

The Aviator became a well-known style of sunglasses when General Douglas MacArthur landed on a beach in the Philippines in World War II[7] and newspaper photographers snapped several pictures of him wearing them that became a lasting image of the Second World War.[8] Bausch & Lomb dedicated a line of sunglasses to him in 1987

The first advertisements for Ray-Ban aviators stated they would provide “real scientific glare protection”, and were sold as sporting equipment. At this time they had not yet taken on their name of “aviators”, as the Second World War had not yet begun. In addition to popularity in the 1950s,aviators were popular in the 1970s, with colored frames, being worn by public figures like Elvis Presley.[9]

source:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviator_sunglasses

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Of course there was a bump in popularity post WWII, in the 50's and again in the 70's and 80s, and now again in the past decade, they were in point of fact, available to the public in the late 30's. Still makes the trash Luxottica has been belching out under the Rayban name for the past decade and a half no less stomach churning.

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Browman View Post
    Didn't B&L start manufacture in the 40s? Really thought I read somewhere that MacArthur's shades were original RayBans.
    Pretty sure those were Shuron who was in charge of making glasses for the ground forces. The backside of the mother of pearl brow was made flat so that soldiers could carve their names or initials.

http://www.shuron.com/macarthur.htm

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Lousy service from Lux is such a known quantity that this thread was made, everyone agreed and instead are talking about the glory days of Bausch & Lomb and Shuron frames.

Its like asking if water is wet at this point. Have they taken on a brand and actually made the line better than before any time in the last 15 years?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    LUX has a redundant phone system,where u cannot jump to the options...you must hear all of the options before you can press 1 for English...ect
    just got off the phone with them, after three attempt..they hung up twice....a chore now becomes a project.
    i am getting billed for items that were never delivered.dhl tracking says "no result"...yet they appear on my statement

Thread Information