Thread: EyeMed issue

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

EyeMed issue

Is anybody having issues with submitting for Contact lenses? We've had several with members being eligible for frame and lenses or frames and contact lenses. We check the boxes, put in all info, and then get the screen for price entry, but there is nothing for the contact lens pricing...even when we go back and try to file just for the contact lenses the screen for pricing doesn't come up and therefore we can't submit for the contact benefit at all. I've called EM and they state that we can submit a written claim which seems a little backward to their claim of streamlining the process, plus leaves open the possibility that we will not be compensated for the claim AND, if paid, takes from 5 to 10 business days...This only happens on the newer type online forms. Anybody else having similar issues?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't handle contacts, but we did have a problem with their website on Monday. When I logged in, there was a different screen and no place to look for a patient to get an auth or submit a claim. We decided to wait a few hours and check it later. After about 3-4 hours, we logged in again and got our normal screen. Very odd.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks for the response...we tried that as well as using a different browser, deleting cookies, logging out completely...nothing works. We finally got the eyemed responder to enter a system ticket. Hopefully that works. I had mentioned to Eyemed that I could have the member send for her contact benefit, but she responded that the member would not receive her full benefit because they would be considered as using an out of network provider. That's interesting since they were the ones that referred her to our shop...Guess we'll wait to see if their IT department can fix it.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good Luck!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    sounds great! I would just print out the screen not allowing you to bill eyemed for services and collect from patient.
    1) You get the money upfront
    2) You have proof you could not bill online through the website
    3) if the patient complains it expedites the process to get their website issues fixed

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    I don't handle contacts, but we did have a problem with their website on Monday. When I logged in, there was a different screen and no place to look for a patient to get an auth or submit a claim. We decided to wait a few hours and check it later. After about 3-4 hours, we logged in again and got our normal screen. Very odd.
    My heart skipped a beat when this happened to us. I thought we have been cut off! Glad to hear we weren't the only ones!
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A little late to the party, but yes we have seen this issue at the office I work at as well. The work around is to bill them separately in two claim submissions. That or you'll have to paper claim it.

Don't forget the abn form!

Thread Information