Thread: Officially am aboc

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Redhot Jumper Officially am aboc

My GOD Thank you God
    was starting to get worried here but today i got this on the e-mail wow was so happy it was tough test.

ttonline@testrac.com ToOptician_optician

Today at 5:34 PM

Dear elsayed abdelmonem,

You did meet the standards for the American Board of Opticianry’s National Opticianry Competency (NOCE) Exam taken February 2017.

If you have questions please refer to the Basic Exam Handbook (abo-ncle.org, certification, basic certification and scroll down to click on Basic Exam Handbook).

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I took the test in Feb as well, got this email too. I'm hoping it's not a typo in the email. One of my friends passed the ABO in November, and her email was all, "congratulations on passing the ABO test you took in Nov! you can now sign ABOC after your name, a certificate will be ordered, etc.". Also, she got a pass/fail as soon as she finished the test, which I did not get when I took it in February. I'm sure it means a pass, but I'm forever a skeptic! lol

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ok the reason we didn't get fast results right away on this exam is it was new exam some time they use the same exam over and over this year in February exam it was a brand new one which means they had too look at the exam and how the people did in the question to determine how they could score it fairly and make people pass I got this e-mail which means you passed just the person who sent the e-mail was so bussy lol he just wanted to be firm and fast and tell you just passed and he knows u are waiting for your certificate now the people whose gonna take the exam In may I think they not gonna get instant score they will wait too like us but this e-mail means we passed few days from now and we will get the certificate congratulations man.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    i know this e-mail means i passed we just so happy that we cannot believe it you cannot imagine how much iam happy im the first one in my country that is ABOC this means a lot of doors gonna open next few days.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by opticslove View Post
    i know this e-mail means i passed we just so happy that we cannot believe it you cannot imagine how much iam happy im the first one in my country that is ABOC this means a lot of doors gonna open next few days.
    Congratulations! That's so awesome.

Congrats to all all of us who passed!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteoptician View Post
    Ok the reason we didn't get fast results right away on this exam is it was new exam some time they use the same exam over and over this year in February exam it was a brand new one which means they had too look at the exam and how the people did in the question to determine how they could score it fairly and make people pass I got this e-mail which means you passed just the person who sent the e-mail was so bussy lol he just wanted to be firm and fast and tell you just passed and he knows u are waiting for your certificate now the people whose gonna take the exam In may I think they not gonna get instant score they will wait too like us but this e-mail means we passed few days from now and we will get the certificate congratulations man.
    this certainly explains a lot.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Congratulations all! The learning is just beginning!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Never stop learning, congratulations!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Congratulations! Agreed...NEVER STOP LEARNING!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi, I am planning to take the test this coming February 2019 and I've heard from many resources that the test has changed. Would you know where I can find study material for the updated test or what is different about the test? The only study material that I've come across is all from 2016 that I've been studying really hard for, but I would hate to have studied all of it and it will not be on the upcoming exam. If anyone could help I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You have my congrats as well for passing this entry-level ABO exam. You are now learning " to know what you don't know ". Keep up the studying and aim for ABO-AC.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdollie12 View Post
    Hi, I am planning to take the test this coming February 2019 and I've heard from many resources that the test has changed. Would you know where I can find study material for the updated test or what is different about the test? The only study material that I've come across is all from 2016 that I've been studying really hard for, but I would hate to have studied all of it and it will not be on the upcoming exam. If anyone could help I would be very grateful. Thank you!

You will see numerous resources listed throughout OB if you search for "ABO study" material. This was my favorite guide which successfully got me my certification last year:

https://opticianworks.com/wp-content...7.22.2016R.pdf

It says 2016 on it, but was completely relevant for my Fall 2017 test.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OMG thank you so so much. That is the exact material that I've been studying for months now so that is a huge relief for me. I will still do the search you suggested just to make sure I'm not missing anything but optician works has been my best friend. Thank you and congrats on being certified!

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Thank you and good luck! My advice is to focus very much on Prentice's Rule. Make sure you are comfortable with this formula and you will be fine!
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Thread Information