So, we've been seeing progressively larger numbers of AR damage and failure across the board, from smaller labs to the likes of Essilor/Hoya/Zeiss/etc. (named in alphabetical order, just saying). From mild crazing to patches of abraded AR, we've seen it all happening at a surprisingly aggressive rate. No changes in our edging staff or lab, and the frame movement is also quite consistent (i.e. full frames, nylon, rimless, etc).

Of course, we have been questioning the patients as well as the labs, but no luck and it's come down to a staring match...

That said, here in SEA our weather has kind of gone bonkers. It currently isn't uncommon for afternoon temperatures to hit anywhere between 30 to 38 Celsius, followed by a bone-chilling thunderstorm later in the day. From what I understand of AR, this might lead to repeated expansion/contraction problems that eventually cause AR failure.

Does this weather pattern sound suspect for potentially shortening life of lens AR? Logically I think so, but given my slipping memory...