Thread: Cañon City School District students get free glasses ................................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Cañon City School District students get free glasses ................................

Cañon City School District students get free glasses through Essilor Foundation

By Sara Knuth
    The Daily Record
    POSTED: 03/09/2017 08:48:40 PM MST

As a group of kindergartners debated about their favorite pair of glasses Thursday at Harrison K-8 School, older students recited lines of letters that gradually decreased in size.

When she was waiting in line, Lincoln School of Science and Technology fifth-grader Danaye Walters gave some advice to other students who might need glasses: "They're better because you can see better, and you don't have to sit in the front of the class all the time."

For the second time this school year, a select group of Cañon City School District students were in line to take eye exams. And in just a few weeks, some of them could be back to pick up a free pair of glasses.

"This is a wonderful opportunity," said Sheila Robeson, who directs Harrison's Health office.

The exams were provided, free of charge, by the Essilor Vision Foundation, an organization that emphasizes quality vision.

See all of it:================>
    http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/...hrough-essilor
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 03-10-2017 at 05:28 AM.

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Disclaimer- I am employed by Essilor of America

Regardless of one's thoughts about the Big Blue E, the Essilor Vision Foundation is a good thing. Many of my coworkers donate time and/or money towards screening children and providing free eyewear. Since the foundation started in 2008, over 1,100,000 free screenings have been performed, and over 425,000 pairs of eyewear have been provided to those who likely would not otherwise have what most of us take for granted (good vision). Others have donated far more time than myself, but the few times I have participated in an EVF event have been literally "eye opening." Regardless of where you live, there are MANY children nearby who have significant refractive needs who have never owned a pair of glasses! I didn't always enjoy wearing my glasses as a child, but I can't imagine what my life would have been without them (I was -4.00 by the time I graduated high school).

If you want to use your medical or ophthalmic skills to make the world a better place, contact the foundation at: info@essilorvisionfoundation.org
    To learn more about EVF, visit http://usa.essilorvisionfoundation.org/

Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper the Essilor Vision Foundation is a good thing .............................

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin View Post

Regardless of one's thoughts about the Big Blue E, the Essilor Vision Foundation is a good thing. Many of my coworkers donate time and/or money towards screening children and providing free eyewear.

This is a noble thing to do and was a surprise when I fell on the article published yesterday, while I have been following what their are doing in India for the last few years.

Thread Information