Thread: Synchrony Ultra HD

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Synchrony Ultra HD

First off, I'm loving this lens and so are my clients. The performance levels seem on par with the Zeiss Pure. All of the newly revamped Synchrony lenses are based on older designs with different names with the exception of the Ultra. Does anyone know if it's a new and unique design or is it just an unbranded Zeiss Pure?

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    The Ultra HD and Ultra HDC are unique designs

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    According to my Zeiss lab, Synchrony HD is a rebranded SolaOne, and Synchrony HDV is a rebranded SolaOne HD (if anyone else can verify the truth of this, do let us know!).

I did notice the engravings are the same as the Sola engravings on the earlier batches, but I haven't used these in a while (switched over to Hoya recently for various reasons), so it does seem feasible. Another possible indicator was that Synchrony HD had a choice of two corridors, while HDV had the corridor chosen based on fitting heights (which was the case with SolaOne HD, if memory serves me correct).

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyOptom View Post
    According to my Zeiss lab, Synchrony HD is a rebranded SolaOne, and Synchrony HDV is a rebranded SolaOne HD (if anyone else can verify the truth of this, do let us know!).

I did notice the engravings are the same as the Sola engravings on the earlier batches, but I haven't used these in a while (switched over to Hoya recently for various reasons), so it does seem feasible. Another possible indicator was that Synchrony HD had a choice of two corridors, while HDV had the corridor chosen based on fitting heights (which was the case with SolaOne HD, if memory serves me correct).
    That information isn't correct. The SolaOne HD is now the Zeiss Choice. There are two Synchrony HDV lenses. One is The Synchrony Performance which used to be the Sola HDV and the other one is the Ultra. Both of them are available in variable with pow, variable and fixed. The Ultra, as stated above is a new unique design. So far I've been unable to acquire any information on it other than standard marketing materials. Here's a link for product reference.

http://synchronylenses.com/static_ex...d53f1480e1.pdf

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Lens companies have done that already 50 years ago..................

Lens companies have done that already 50 years ago. They do not have to rebrand, they only have to get another name on the envelope and a new lens has been developed at a higher or lower price.

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance View Post
    That information isn't correct. The SolaOne HD is now the Zeiss Choice. There are two Synchrony HDV lenses. One is The Synchrony Performance which used to be the Sola HDV and the other one is the Ultra. Both of them are available in variable with pow, variable and fixed. The Ultra, as stated above is a new unique design. So far I've been unable to acquire any information on it other than standard marketing materials. Here's a link for product reference.

http://synchronylenses.com/static_ex...d53f1480e1.pdf
    The SOLAOne HD is the Performance HD. It states that ii is comparable to the Zeiss Choice because that is what it is in the Zeiss portfolio. If you stay with the synchrony line then it compares tot he Performance HD. The Choice is based on the GT-2 design except that it has optimized fitting heights allowing the dispenser to choose the corridor length. The Performance HDV is the SOLA HDV.
    Any synchrony HDV is variable("v") with average PoW. HDC is fully customizable with variable corridor.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Noted with thanks - had a word with my rep, and it appears the earlier information was a mix up on their customer service's part :) However, the engravings are still the old ones from Sola.

Alas, we do not have access to the Synchrony Ultra design locally. Maybe someday!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    +1 for this lens. Have had lots of success fitting it.

Thread Information