I have searched to see if this issue has been discussed before and come up empty handed.

I recently have started working at a practice where they have a Kappa Edger/Blocker. I have experience with a Spartan, Santinelli 7070, Santinelli LEX1000, and Optronics 7E. The edger works like a dream and I love using it so far; however, my issue is with the blocker. When I put a dotted lens in the blocker its pretty hit or miss if I'm going to be able to see the dots. Some dots stand out fine and I can easily block the lens with no issue. However sometimes I just cant make out the lensometer dots, and if I hand dot a progressive lens forget it the lens becomes unblockable.

I've tried using a different color marker (red or black), I've tried fiddling with the screen contrast and brightness, I've tried cleaning the lens of any errant marks or dust specks, I've tried smaller and larger dots, and I've tried cleaning the blocking surface (where the lens rests) and the camera lens. All to no avail, so far none of these things have improved my ability to see lens markings or dots on the blocker screen. I've also looked in the manual, but as far as I can tell It really doesn't reference this aspect of the blocker, or how one might troubleshoot it. If anyone has had this issue and resolved it or has any tips or tricks to get it to do what I need I will be forever grateful.