Thread: THIS is what Opticianry needs today.....

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

THIS is what Opticianry needs today.....

....But, I know it won't happen. Opticians are too apathetic and unwilling to invest ten bucks in their career. But, but, if they did, this is what their ad should look like...

I challenge the OAA to work on creating a new division of advertising, with added funds sought through membership and especially corporate sponsors. Corporate sponsors are already the largest contributing group to virtually all state and national societies. It is in their interest to have vetted Opticians fitting their lenses. ( Higher patient satisfaction along with less costly remakes.)

It benefits frame manufacturers to know their frames are going to be recommended and fit properly resulting in the end users highest satisfaction. That their products will be held in higher esteem because of their support. Frame and lens companies know that the Dr and or owner writes the checks, but 9 out of ten times, it the Optician(s) that selects product. It's the Opticians that are crucial to their own survival and growth. Independent ECP's are still the largest market for both of them. If our National society drives this home to them, I'm sure we will get the funding necessary. For if they don't, they will not have a constituency to advocate for.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Screw the OAA.

Anyone with a half a brain and a Video camera can produce this in-house for nothing, nada, zip.doodoo.

And, you can have fun doing it and really put the focus on your practice. You put the finished video on your boring web site and on the TV in your Customer/Patient Lounge (waiting room) or whatever.

As I often say "Learn to stand on your own two feet!"

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Dick, this is a national ad they're doing. Sure, the video could be done on a GoPro. But the costs of air time is where the money is needed.

Occupation
    Lotsa luck with that. Trying to build up a war chest in this business is impossible.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You got my 10 bucks, for what its worth.

Which is about 10 bucks.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I like it and the Vision Council is doing a program to promote Eye health that is proving to be very successful. I sent a copy to my marketing team for a LenSync version.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    Lotsa luck with that. Trying to build up a war chest in this business is impossible.
    Thank you Debbie Downer...I know as well as anyone the apathy level of the average Optician. But, most all state and national Opticianry organizations get a sizable if not the majority of their operating money from corporate sponsors. This is where the money is. Our state and national organizations could solicit from them the funds needed to create a national ad program.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I like it and the Vision Council is doing a program to promote Eye health that is proving to be very successful. I sent a copy to my marketing team for a LenSync version.
    Thank you Craig for stepping up to the plate.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Redhot Jumper I know as well as anyone the apathy level of the average Optician....................

Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post

............I know as well as anyone the apathy level of the average Optician. But, most all state and national Opticianry organizations get a sizable if not the majority of their operating money from corporate sponsors. This is where the money is. Our state and national organizations could solicit from them the funds needed to create a national ad program.

Thank you Craig for stepping up to the plate.

Any website on the internet, is on an international level to start with, and can be adapted through its content to a different level, any way you want.

Search engines can only read text, and will not understand photos nor any other pictures. (The better your site looks with all the nice pictures, the less they will be read, and ignored by search engines)

The success of a website is defined by the text that it contains, and can be read and understood by the search engines that feed the Google, Yahoo and Bing for listing in the right places.

The generally accepted website ranking today is dominated by Alexa, and the lower the number a site gets, the more popular the site has become.

The better the Alexa ranking, the more listings a site will get.

It actually boils down to that the newest best looking site with all the best pictures on it, barely makes it to a decent ranking, unless a lot of cash paid to search engines will boost it near the top for a while, and then it drops again way down in popularity.

It is not the money that is needed to make a site popular it is the know how, that can be learned.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chris, the above video is a national Tv commercial. The only thing involved with the internet is that it was also posted on YouTube.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I'm really not sure what exactly you are saying the ad should be advertising. Maybe I missed something, but I don't see how the example shown relates.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    It benefits frame manufacturers to know their frames are going to be recommended and fit properly resulting in the end users highest satisfaction. That their products will be held in higher esteem because of their support. Frame and lens companies know that the Dr and or owner writes the checks, but 9 out of ten times, it the Optician(s) that selects product. It's the Opticians that are crucial to their own survival and growth. Independent ECP's are still the largest market for both of them. If our National society drives this home to them, I'm sure we will get the funding necessary. For if they don't, they will not have a constituency to advocate for.
    I have not known this to be true in my area. When it comes to Dr/ owners, they pick what the optician fits the patient for. For a non Dr owned office- they may have chosen to give the reigns to a manager, but still hold veto power.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Quince View Post
    I'm really not sure what exactly you are saying the ad should be advertising. Maybe I missed something, but I don't see how the example shown relates.
    The ad is about finacial planers. How there is no regulation on providing that service. Talk sweet, now, do you want to invest with me? Folks said yes, then he reveals he's really a DJ. No experience on what he's selling. The array of quality of Opticianry skills varies greatly by location, everywhere. By pointing out, in an ad, that in most states there are no regulations on Opticianry. We have an identity crisis, the public doesn't know what we bring to the table to ensure they are getting the best recommendations on their visual needs, and provided the best optical solutions for their unique visual needs.

Thread Information