Thread: Revolution EMR and Frame inventory management...IDOC Prima Group for OD's...

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Revolution EMR and Frame inventory management...IDOC Prima Group for OD's...

Ocuco is apparently soon going to switch from Activ EHR to a new Product (program?) named the Acuitas System. We've never found the Activ EHR to perform as hoped for and if the change proves too costly and without significant upgrades we may find ourselves changing. The Doc likes what he's hearing from other OD's about Revolution EMR. My search finds several positive comments but from years ago.

We are a small 2 office OD run operation w/ optical trying to get a reliable frame and possibly contact inventory system in place. Avtiv EHR has been been beyond frustrating in trying to keep accurate monthly totals. How does Rev's frame management system measure up?

Also:

Have any OD's here used or are using the IDoc Prima Group?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Revolution is an awesome EHR.
    Very user friendly. Dispensers complain a bit about the optical aspects but I ignore them......lol
    Last edited by RIMLESS; 02-08-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMLESS View Post
    Revolution is an awesome EHR.
    Very user friendly. Dispensers complain a bit the optical aspects but I ignore them......lol
    That seems kind of foolish considering that the optical dispensary portion is about 90% of what your office uses a computer system for.

Revolution is an excellent program in many, many ways, but the interface is radically different from any other system I have seen. My biggest beef with it is that you seem to have to do twice as many keystrokes and clicks to perform any function as you do in OfficeMate. It's comprehensive to a fault sometimes. The way it makes you split insurance eyewear orders into two fee slips, one for the insurance company and one for the patient, is maddening.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I think it is very difficult to find any one program that does both well. That was the point I was trying to make.
    I believe Revolution will let you demo it if you ask.
    Last edited by RIMLESS; 02-08-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for the replies. I've been busy with family matters.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMLESS View Post
    I think it is very difficult to find any one program that does both well. That was the point I was trying to make.
    That is very true. I have yet to see an EHR inventory system that succeeded in being anything better than passable.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    The goal of integrating all business functions in a single desktop applications has been the goal of software developers for years. So far, no luck.

It's analogous to trying to play a round of golf with a single club. And, to make the cheese a little more binding the course is constantly changing as are the Rules of the Game.

If you really want a decent inventory/supply chain management system adapted to your specific business I will be willing to dust off an old application, modify it to 2017 standards and get it off to you. Don't want or need no stinkin money, just occasional baked goods or fresh produce. Just PM me or contact me off board.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    The goal of integrating all business functions in a single desktop applications has been the goal of software developers for years. So far, no luck.

It's analogous to trying to play a round of golf with a single club. And, to make the cheese a little more binding the course is constantly changing as are the Rules of the Game.
    Or it's analogous to expecting one pair of glasses to fit every function in your life, day and night, indoor and outdoor, work and play. And for insurance to cover it 100%.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave www.DownloadWINK.com is great for Point of Sale with new EMR in 60 days.

I have just looked at all of them that need to run the entire business today and in the next 10 years; the only modern architecture we found was from www.downloadWINK.com and after a few weeks we LUV IT!

We had My Vision Express for 12 years and after 2 days of Wink we where looking at each other going OMG;why did we wait so long!

I don't work for Wink but am suggesting them for all my LenSync accounts going forward. We are taking all existing point of sales and converting them to Wink to ensure the LenSync experience is as great as possible.

I have found that the greatest barrier to retail efficiency is the point of sale and no-one is going to be disappointed in what WINK is offering in a cloud-based system sold as Freeware. You only pay for what you use and then they get paid for sending orders to your suppliers.

I spent only $1,000 to have them convert all my data and train my staff for 10 hours. My annual with MVE is $1,200 and we have the minimum support or they turn off feature previously paid for like the customizer portion.

In the past 2 weeks, I have personally showed WINK to many of the beta-testers of LenSync to use our mutual platform and the response has been fantastic. I am getting friends to use Wink so we can integrate LenSync from the point of sale directly to the lab! We can send orders from retail to the lab with 100% of the data they need to offer a perfect pair every-time but we needed WINK to complete the chain.

Check it out and tell them you want to see the LenSync version they are creating.

Craig
    Founder of LenSync brand of lenses and delivery platform.

Thread Information