Thread: Optical websites on a downward trend in general ........................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Optical websites on a downward trend in general ........................

Having spent most of my free time, the last 2 weeks working on my website to prevent it from slipping in popularity.

While updating my optical website listing of close to 1,000 optical websites worldwide, I noticed that close to 90% of all sites have been loosing popularity and with it also visitors, as much as 40% in some cases. The general trend is definitely downwards.
    See: http://optochemicals.com/web_listing.htm

I have been lucky that I noticed my site to start going downwards last summer, and got back into learning how to correct it, and brought it back up. Seeing the same thing happening in a general way I had to make the corrections before it also happened again.

Anybody having a website check on it, and take precautions.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey Chris,
    What do you attribute the decline to? I'm thinking older sites are not mobile friendly? And what did you do to correct the downturn? Did your stats increase? Sorry for the interrogation,, just curious what learning you may gleaned from the project.

Rockstargazer

Occupation

just curious what learning you may gained from the project .........................

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstargazer View Post

What do you attribute the decline to? I'm thinking older sites are not mobile friendly? And what did you do to correct the downturn? Did your stats increase? Sorry for the interrogation,, just curious what learning you may gleaned from the project.
    Thanks for asking ......................

Our website is just about 20 years old and has been modified as we go along.
    I have been getting SEO outfits sending m e-mails for a re-modeling job by about 50 of them a week, for many years and I did not budge.

Last Spring it dropped to 9,420,000 in the Alex ratings. That means there are that many better websites being visited on a monthly basis.

So I went to do some more learning and reading good advice. A wensite has to attract the search engine. In short, I learned that the search engines judge your site on subjects and text. They can not read photographs and pictures, they also go through a site in seconds and do not slow down if there are no changes.

The basic advice and recipe was, limit pictures to a minimum and make as many changes to the text as you can on a continuous basis. That is also why OptiBoard has a superb rating, continuous changing text.

That is what I did and still do but the Alexa ranking has gone to 713,024 which puts the site way up again.

My optical website listing at: =========>
    http://optochemicals.com/web_listing.htm

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    With all the gratuitous self-promotion you do here, how could you POSSIBLY have slipped downward?!

Occupation

Redhot Jumper how could you POSSIBLY have slipped downward?! ................................

Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post

With all the gratuitous self-promotion you do here, how could you POSSIBLY have slipped downward?!

.............because you probably put a curse on it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well, of course there is that voodoo, that I do, so well.

Thread Information