Thread: comfort 2 vs drx vs w2?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

comfort 2 vs drx vs w2?

We are a primarily a Varilux office.. We have been using the Comfort 2 for years,, But my essilor rep is saying the DRX is pretty much the same but now has digital surfacing and blue light blocker so it is much better for the patient. I have been slowly switching patients.. Most seem to do ok, but I am getting some that are not.. Mostly those with a higher minus sphere..
    They are also telling me that the W2 is great and I should be offering it. We have an older and amish clientele here that do want to spend that much money but I figure I can put my VSP patients in this lens.. I just got a pair to try from the lab and I see great in them(W2) but I feel some eye strain and every morning after wearing them I have a headache.. I thought I was nuts but I wore lab generic lenses all weekend and no headaches, but put on the W2 and headache again,, Same rx in both pairs. I am not too sure I want to start getting do overs and think maybe I should just stick to the comfort2??? Are other Varilux offices upgrading patients to these lenses? Are you having good luck with them??

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have had a lot of problems switching patients from a Comfort 2 to a Comfort DRX and W2+. The biggest complaint I get is night time glare coming from behind. Even with Avance.

First time wearers I experience little to no issues with the W2 and DRX. If the patient does a lot of computer, I try to switch them, but otherwise I've been leaving most comfort wearers in the regular old comfort II. They like it and fewer headaches for me.
    "what i need is a strong drink and a peer group." ... Douglas Adams - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

Thread Information