Thread: Fashion Pentagonal Frames for tricky Rx, help!!!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Fashion Pentagonal Frames for tricky Rx, help!!!

Hi folks,
    Just a quick intro, i run a boutique optical store in California.
    Two days ago, a customer, in her 80s and loves funky stuffs, was interested in a pentagonal shaped Miu Miu sunglasses, and wanted us to put her prescription in. Her current pair is a B measured frames, very narrow, and photochromic. I think the new sunglasses might give her a hard time to adjust with bigger lens since she's familiar with narrower one. In addition, she has high cyl Rx with prism. Should I have the lab does the lens and have her try it first since she really likes the frames. Any advice what kind of progressive lens will help in her transition.
    Frames: Miu Miu 060S 53-25-140, B:43 (you can google for the image of the frames)

OD:+3.25 -3.00 105
    add: +3.25 O.U
    prism: 3.5 Base Out O.U
    Seg hgt: 19

I'm thinking about HOYA Aspect Digital, Hi Index 1.67.

Let me know you opinion. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by CAL57; 11-12-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Some of these frame shapes really make me wonder...

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Lelarep,
    Thank you for your response. Please let me know what you wonder about? I know it's a tricky frames to put PAL lens in there, but the lady really likes it. Any suggestions will help.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by CAL57 View Post
    Hi Lelarep,
    Thank you for your response. Please let me know what you wonder about? I know it's a tricky frames to put PAL lens in there, but the lady really likes it. Any suggestions will help.
    Cal, if im reading what you wrote right, none of this makes any sense, you have a frame with a pd of 78, 53 plus 25 equals 78, how large is this lady, not very often you see 78 pd,s on ladies.

second you said the B was 43 and the frame is 53, thats a common every day 10 difference frame.

third, if the b is 43 and your setting the seg ht at 19? why so low, thats apx 2.5 mm below the center line, normally totally opposite of what one would do

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Can you provide a photo of the frame, possibly marked up? I've a feeling that might be a bit more helpful than trying to interpret some rather bizarre measurements in an even more bizarre sounding frame.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by harry a saake View Post
    Cal, if im reading what you wrote right, none of this makes any sense, you have a frame with a pd of 78, 53 plus 25 equals 78, how large is this lady, not very often you see 78 pd,s on ladies.

second you said the B was 43 and the frame is 53, thats a common every day 10 difference frame.

third, if the b is 43 and your setting the seg ht at 19? why so low, thats apx 2.5 mm below the center line, normally totally opposite of what one would do
    Do I hear an echo. I've got to agree w/ Harry. Forth, you mentioned 3.5^ BO OU. Of coarse it can be done but at whose expense. I hope she has a 37.5 to a 38.5 DIPD and a nose like the Golden Gate Bridge, she's got a lot of weight to support. Preadjust the frame and explain the weight. Just to throw it out there, if you're asking us for advice, you might be out of your comfort zone and this may not be the best platform for your customer. It never hurts to say, No.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Thread Information