Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need volunteers

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm bumping this again, looking for anybody who might volunteer for our Chico clinic (mainly for Camp Fire victims from Paradise). August 3rd and 4th, with a couple of days before to set up refracting lanes, edgers, etc., and a day after to pack the equipment back onto the truck. If you have a day, or 5, we would love to see you. Go to CaliforniaCareForce.org for details.

Thanks,
    Fred

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    BUMP ALERT
    We just finished our Sacramento clinic - Thank you Fatesjoke and Mindy for your help - Our next is Grass Valley in January - anyone who would like to come would be much more than welcome.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Always a great event

Quote Originally Posted by finefocus View Post
    BUMP ALERT
    We just finished our Sacramento clinic - Thank you Fatesjoke and Mindy for your help - Our next is Grass Valley in January - anyone who would like to come would be much more than welcome.
    Always honored and happy to help out for this event. Thank you for having me and letting me help the community. Looking forward to being there for the next one in Sacramento for sure, I might be out of state for work during the Grass Valley one, waiting to confirm the dates.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, had something come up that I needed to take care of.
    I have a website. I post stuff there. Some people think it is cool.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Please post Grass Valley dates when available.

OptiBoard Novice OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Hi, I would love to help! I've been an Optician for 31 years and live in the Los Angeles area. Please let me know dates and locations...Thanks

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by merrymaker View Post
    Please post Grass Valley dates when available.
    Grass Valley will be Jan 11 & 12 --- if you are available for the 2 days before and/or the day after, that would be great also for set-up and breakdown --- plenty of donkey work in addition to professional work to be done.

Coachella will be in March, no firm date yet. Check californiacareforce.org for more info.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Prop Specs View Post
    Hi, I would love to help! I've been an Optician for 31 years and live in the Los Angeles area. Please let me know dates and locations...Thanks
    Love to have you - how about Coachella in March? Also coming up Grass Valley, Monterey, Chico and more.

OptiBoard Novice OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    What are the dates in March? Also, is there website I could go to with all this info and about the organization?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Prop Specs View Post
    What are the dates in March? Also, is there website I could go to with all this info and about the organization?
    No firm dates yet - check californiacareforce.org

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I will help you if i find any suitable persons for your organizations. I will spread the word to everyone.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by petermessi View Post
    I will help you if i find any suitable persons for your organizations. I will spread the word to everyone.
    Thank you for your help - I don't know what our schedule will be for now - we are still booked for Coachella this September but it likely will be cancelled, like our last three have been

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Thank you fro sharing about California CareForce.
    Our mission is to help every person find the best shoes for their journey through easy, accessible, expert-guided shopping. More information, please visit https://www.calceus.org/

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    BUMP ALERT

We are finally able to schedule another clinic, and invite all of you to join us. The clinic will be in Chico California, and will be on November 12-14. It isn't posted on the website (californiacareforce.org) yet, but please save the date if you can. I'll post a reminder when the date gets a bit closer. Hope you can join us for the fun

Fred.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    BUMP ALERT

We are finally able to schedule another clinic, and invite all of you to join us. The clinic will be in Chico California, and will be on November 12-14. It isn't posted on the website (californiacareforce.org) yet, but please save the date if you can. I'll post a reminder when the date gets a bit closer. Hope you can join us for the fun

Fred.
    That's great news; I'll look forward to volunteering at the Clinic in Coachella, any word on it?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    That's great news; I'll look forward to volunteering at the Clinic in Coachella, any word on it?
    Hi Lori

Good to hear from you. Coachella has been pushed back a few times (Covid precautions) and is now scheduled for March 2022.
    I'm glad you will be there.

Fred

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    BUMP ALERT

Fred.
    We are kinda desperate for help for the Chico clinic - OD's, opticians, general volunteers, lab personnel - we need you all. This clinic is in Butte county, an area with a low vax rate, and some of our usual gang just can't come. Our protection protocols are very impressive, but many of us are older, and therefore at higher risk.
    Can you help?? Pretty please ?? A wonderful (but not restful) weekend in the country, and really fine job satisfaction for all.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We are kinda desperate for help for the Chico clinic - OD's, opticians, general volunteers, lab personnel - we need you all. This clinic is in Butte county, an area with a low vax rate, and some of our usual gang just can't come. Our protection protocols are very impressive, but many of us are older, and therefore at higher risk.
    Can you help?? Pretty please ?? A wonderful (but not restful) weekend in the country, and really fine job satisfaction for all.
    Can out of state volunteers apply?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by IIxIPariahIxII View Post
    Can out of state volunteers apply?
    You bet! Come to California! We are happy to have you, believe me.

Fred

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm bumping this again, looking for anybody who might volunteer for our Chico clinic (mainly for Camp Fire victims from Paradise). August 3rd and 4th, with a couple of days before to set up refracting lanes, edgers, etc., and a day after to pack the equipment back onto the truck. If you have a day, or 5, we would love to see you. Go to CaliforniaCareForce.org for details.

Thanks,
    Fred
    Hi Fred, I wish I could join California Care Force in Chico, but it's a long way from me and I can
    t take the time off. I will see you in March, however, at Coachella! I hope many people volunteer for the Chico event. Good luck!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    Hi Fred, I wish I could join California Care Force in Chico, but it's a long way from me and I can
    t take the time off. I will see you in March, however, at Coachella! I hope many people volunteer for the Chico event. Good luck!
    Hi Lori

Nice to hear from you again - looking forward to Coachella. We're having trouble getting people for the Chico clinic, partly because of Butte County's
    reputation for denial. You can't blame folks for not wanting to take extra risks. By spring, maybe all this will be behind us.

Fred

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    BUMP AGAIN

We have our biggest clinic (finally!) scheduled for Coachella March 25,26,27. The fun actually begins on Wednesday and Thursday with set-up; putting out frames, arranging tables, calibrating the edgers, etc. Patient protocols for Friday-Sunday are pretty strict this year. Waiting areas will be in outside tents, temperatures taken, virus testing available and so on. We will do hundreds of refractions (glasses for most of them) and hundreds of dental exams, fillings, etc.

Come join the fun. Bring your PD ruler. If you speak Espanol, you are doubly welcome. Volunteer at californiacareforce.org

Thanks,
    Fred

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ANOTHER BUMP

We at californiacareforce.org have our 2023 clinic schedule at last, and would like to cajole you into joining us - we need ophthalmic pros of all
    persuasions, in particular dispensing opticians and benchroom techs. As always, we promise a t-shirt, free lunch and a big smile from having helped
    a lot of people who could use a good break.
    The schedule is as follows:

Coachella (actually Indio) March 3-5;
    Amador County March 24-25;
    Placer County May 9-10 (this is a StandDown for veterans and families)
    Santa Clara October 5-7.

If you can make any of these events, we would be grateful and you'll enjoy yourself - good people and a good organization.
    Check the website californiacareforce.org for more details.

Thanks
    Fred

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    unfortunately, i am not live in CA

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ANOTHER BUMP

We at californiacareforce.org have our 2023 clinic schedule at last, and would like to cajole you into joining us - we need ophthalmic pros of all
    persuasions, in particular dispensing opticians and benchroom techs. As always, we promise a t-shirt, free lunch and a big smile from having helped
    a lot of people who could use a good break.
    The schedule is as follows:

Coachella (actually Indio) March 3-5;
    Amador County March 24-25;
    Placer County May 9-10 (this is a StandDown for veterans and families)
    Santa Clara October 5-7.

If you can make any of these events, we would be grateful and you'll enjoy yourself - good people and a good organization.
    Check the website californiacareforce.org for more details.

Thanks
    Fred
    so do you have to be a licensed optician to volunteer?

Thread Information