This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merrymaker View Post
    Please post Grass Valley dates when available.
    Grass Valley will be Jan 11 & 12 --- if you are available for the 2 days before and/or the day after, that would be great also for set-up and breakdown --- plenty of donkey work in addition to professional work to be done.

Coachella will be in March, no firm date yet. Check californiacareforce.org for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Prop Specs View Post
      Hi, I would love to help! I've been an Optician for 31 years and live in the Los Angeles area. Please let me know dates and locations...Thanks
      Love to have you - how about Coachella in March? Also coming up Grass Valley, Monterey, Chico and more.

Comment

What are the dates in March? Also, is there website I could go to with all this info and about the organization?

Comment

Originally posted by Prop Specs View Post
          What are the dates in March? Also, is there website I could go to with all this info and about the organization?
          No firm dates yet - check californiacareforce.org

Comment

I will help you if i find any suitable persons for your organizations. I will spread the word to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by petermessi View Post
              I will help you if i find any suitable persons for your organizations. I will spread the word to everyone.
              Thank you for your help - I don't know what our schedule will be for now - we are still booked for Coachella this September but it likely will be cancelled, like our last three have been

Comment

Thank you fro sharing about California CareForce.
                Our mission is to help every person find the best shoes for their journey through easy, accessible, expert-guided shopping. More information, please visit https://www.calceus.org/

Comment

BUMP ALERT

We are finally able to schedule another clinic, and invite all of you to join us. The clinic will be in Chico California, and will be on November 12-14. It isn't posted on the website (californiacareforce.org) yet, but please save the date if you can. I'll post a reminder when the date gets a bit closer. Hope you can join us for the fun

Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by finefocus View Post
                    BUMP ALERT

We are finally able to schedule another clinic, and invite all of you to join us. The clinic will be in Chico California, and will be on November 12-14. It isn't posted on the website (californiacareforce.org) yet, but please save the date if you can. I'll post a reminder when the date gets a bit closer. Hope you can join us for the fun

Fred.
                    That's great news; I'll look forward to volunteering at the Clinic in Coachella, any word on it?
                    Use the light to return to clarity. Tao Te Ching

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
                      That's great news; I'll look forward to volunteering at the Clinic in Coachella, any word on it?
                      Hi Lori

Good to hear from you. Coachella has been pushed back a few times (Covid precautions) and is now scheduled for March 2022.
                      I'm glad you will be there.

Fred

Comment

BUMP ALERT

Fred.
                        We are kinda desperate for help for the Chico clinic - OD's, opticians, general volunteers, lab personnel - we need you all. This clinic is in Butte county, an area with a low vax rate, and some of our usual gang just can't come. Our protection protocols are very impressive, but many of us are older, and therefore at higher risk.
                        Can you help?? Pretty please ?? A wonderful (but not restful) weekend in the country, and really fine job satisfaction for all.

Comment

We are kinda desperate for help for the Chico clinic - OD's, opticians, general volunteers, lab personnel - we need you all. This clinic is in Butte county, an area with a low vax rate, and some of our usual gang just can't come. Our protection protocols are very impressive, but many of us are older, and therefore at higher risk.
                          Can you help?? Pretty please ?? A wonderful (but not restful) weekend in the country, and really fine job satisfaction for all.
                          Can out of state volunteers apply?

Comment

Originally posted by IIxIPariahIxII View Post
                            Can out of state volunteers apply?
                            You bet! Come to California! We are happy to have you, believe me.

Fred

Comment

I'm bumping this again, looking for anybody who might volunteer for our Chico clinic (mainly for Camp Fire victims from Paradise). August 3rd and 4th, with a couple of days before to set up refracting lanes, edgers, etc., and a day after to pack the equipment back onto the truck. If you have a day, or 5, we would love to see you. Go to CaliforniaCareForce.org for details.

Thanks,
                              Fred
                              Hi Fred, I wish I could join California Care Force in Chico, but it's a long way from me and I can
                              t take the time off. I will see you in March, however, at Coachella! I hope many people volunteer for the Chico event. Good luck!
                              Use the light to return to clarity. Tao Te Ching

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
                                Hi Fred, I wish I could join California Care Force in Chico, but it's a long way from me and I can
                                t take the time off. I will see you in March, however, at Coachella! I hope many people volunteer for the Chico event. Good luck!
                                Hi Lori

Nice to hear from you again - looking forward to Coachella. We're having trouble getting people for the Chico clinic, partly because of Butte County's
                                reputation for denial. You can't blame folks for not wanting to take extra risks. By spring, maybe all this will be behind us.

Fred

Comment

Working...
                                X