Since retiring, my wife and I volunteer for CaliforniaCareForce (.org). We just did 3 days in Sacramento - we produced approx. 600 pairs of glasses (yes, 600 - all sv stock lenses, no surface capability, all CR39, nothing fancy - frames donated by Lions, VSP, and others). We had lots of general volunteers, but only 3 OD's, 2 professional labs guys to edge and assemble all those specs, and 1 professional optician (me) to fit them. We did have one other real optician for one day, and lots of general volunteers to do pre-testing, manage traffic flow and show frames, but I personally adjusted about 550 pairs of specs (talk about sore hands!). We really need help from people who know how to fit glasses. Won't you consider helping us? Our next clinic will be in Pomona in a few months, followed by our annual clinic in Coachella.

Help! Help! If you can't make it, please spread the word to anybody you can think of. This is a great organization doing good work for recipients who won't get glasses any other way. Plenty of 3-4 even 5-diopter myopes who drive around with no glasses - think of the lives you can help save!

PM me if you have any recruitment ideas, I'd be grateful.

Fred W.