Thread: Happy Thanksgiving to all Optiboarders!!! Let's spread a little Holiday 'Cheer'!!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Happy Thanksgiving to all Optiboarders!!! Let's spread a little 'Cheer' by telling the funniest episode that ever happened to you over a Thanksgiving Holiday, or just let everybody know what you are thankful for this year.
    Let's sound off!!!

Tom Bowman
    Williams Consulting Group

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

My greatest Thanksgiving memory goes back at least 30 years or better when we had a snowstorm on Thanksgiving day which dumped over 2 feet of snow on us and also knocked out our power. My father got the bright idea to butcher the turkey into a hundred pieces and cook it on our little charcoal grill. It took nearly all day long to cook everything but it was surprisingly tasty to my recollection.

I am thankful that I still have my father and mother to develop and share those memories with.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!
    Kevin

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanksgiving will always be for me watching the parade in Philly and then going the next day to Wanamakers and Gimbels et al...driving my mother nuts as the toy list got bigger and bigger.

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Ok here's a funny one for all of you...my two year old Jack Russell terrier was about 3 months old. Mom and I were on the phone planning who was making what for Thanksgiving dinner. While on the phone I heard a strange noise which I THOUGHT was water dripping. I would have NEVER imagined what I was about to see. Katie had jumped from the couch to the counter and had licked the icing off my cake!!! She was so super cute I couldn't even get mad. I took and spread the icing over the bare spot and served it anyway!! I told everyone(mom already knew)later!! Hey it took a long time to make that cake!!
    Steph"might not want to come to my house for dinner"D

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

That last one takes the cake! (ohhh, that was bad) Every year, my Uncle Ed and I go to the hunting cabin on Thanksgiving after dinner. There's only a wood stove, so we get it warmed up for everyone else. Usually the temp is about 24 degrees or so in there when we arrive.

Anyway, one Thanksgiving I started up the fire without opening both flues... There we were in freezing conditions with the doors and windows open fanning the smoke with pieces of plywood... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Pete "gobble, gobble" Hanlin

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Glad you liked that Pete! I love telling that story. Tell me when your birthday is and Katie and I will bake you a cake :)!!

Have a great day!!
    Steph

Thread Information