Thread: Any thoughts?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Any thoughts?

Hey all,
    Does anyone here had experienced contact lens intolerance while using birth control pills? I have been using contact lens for more than 2 years and I didn't feel any un-comfortability until I began to use this birth control pill. Actually, I don't like wearing glasses because I didn't look good with glasses and that is affecting my confidence that is why I switched from glasses to lenses. But nowadays, I'm feeling itchiness and irritation in my eyes while using contact lenses. One of my friends told me that this is because of the usage of birth control pills. Is it so? What am I supposed to do? I'm planning to get a contact lens intolerance treatment from a well-known eye clinic in Toronto. Will it be effective? Or do I need to switch again from the contact lens to glasses? Or should I stop the intake of birth control pills? Any thoughts?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by agneaus23 View Post
    Hey all,
    Does anyone here had experienced contact lens intolerance while using birth control pills? I have been using contact lens for more than 2 years and I didn't feel any un-comfortability until I began to use this birth control pill. Actually, I don't like wearing glasses because I didn't look good with glasses and that is affecting my confidence that is why I switched from glasses to lenses. But nowadays, I'm feeling itchiness and irritation in my eyes while using contact lenses. One of my friends told me that this is because of the usage of birth control pills. Is it so? What am I supposed to do? I'm planning to get a contact lens intolerance treatment from a well-known eye clinic in Toronto. Will it be effective? Or do I need to switch again from the contact lens to glasses? Or should I stop the intake of birth control pills? Any thoughts?

Contact an optometrist in your area.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by agneaus23 View Post
    Hey all,
    Should you be a consumer you aren't allowed to use this site. It is for optical professionals only.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    As per the forum rules you agreed to when you registered:

"This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are not allowed to post on the Board, although they can read posts and search topics."

All the professional Opticians on this site would love to help you solve your problems or answer your questions about your eye care and eye wear need! But vision and visual solutions can have thousands of correct as well as incorrect answers.

We care about your vision and visual needs so strongly that we must advise you to seek a professional in the eye care field. Only with in-person evaluation can you truly get a proper diagnosis. You PD and powers are simply not enough information to give you any kind of advice other than speculation. We are sure that you want the best in eye care, as we want for you. Please seek out someone that you can discuss your issues with in person.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information