Thread: ABO Master

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

ABO Master

Does the ABO require renewal fees every three years and a certain number of CE hours/credits for master certificate holders? Or once you are granted the designation, are you a master for life with no further requirements to send them money etc?

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    All CECs and renewal fees are due on or before your expiration date.

Warning: There is no grace period and no backdating. Certification renewal applications received after the certification expiration date will have a renewal period beginning with the date of approval and will therefore incur a gap in the certification dates. When there is a gap in certification dates, ABO-NCLE cannot backdate a certification renewal to meet regulatory, reimbursement, or other requirements for practice. You will need to check with your state licensing board, your employer, and/or the agency that is reimbursing your services to determine if you can continue to practice and/or receive reimbursement for services while you are in the process of reactivating your certification.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are the CEU requirements the same as the std ABOC? How about the Advanced ABO...same CEU requirements?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    All CECs and renewal fees are due on or before your expiration date.

Warning: There is no grace period and no backdating. Certification renewal applications received after the certification expiration date will have a renewal period beginning with the date of approval and will therefore incur a gap in the certification dates. When there is a gap in certification dates, ABO-NCLE cannot backdate a certification renewal to meet regulatory, reimbursement, or other requirements for practice. You will need to check with your state licensing board, your employer, and/or the agency that is reimbursing your services to determine if you can continue to practice and/or receive reimbursement for services while you are in the process of reactivating your certification.
    Yeaaaaah. This tells us nothing. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    Are the CEU requirements the same as the std ABOC? How about the Advanced ABO...same CEU requirements?
    Not listed or shown anywhere on the ABO site. Was thinking perhaps one of the masters who post here from time to time can offer a definitive - Master ABO Certification specific - answer.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    To the best of my knowledge, one does not have to renew the Master's Certificate once obtained. I hope this helps.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Takes you right to the renewal info for the different levels.

https://www.abo-ncle.org/ABO/Certifi...c-a0b1e73b96db

cs

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinxsmith View Post
    Takes you right to the renewal info for the different levels.

https://www.abo-ncle.org/ABO/Certifi...c-a0b1e73b96db

cs
    Yep. I know how the site works. Still not a single word about the master designation. Only for the basic, advanced, and/or dual certified. Hence the original question. Seems no one here actually knows.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    Does the ABO require renewal fees every three years and a certain number of CE hours/credits for master certificate holders? Or once you are granted the designation, are you a master for life with no further requirements to send them money etc?
    Brian, I made a phone call to an ABOM associate and they said, ugh! With that being said, if you send me a check for 125.00 a year I will provide you with a clear conscience along with a piece of paper stating such.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sounds like you started working for the DOH over there Paul. Uilleann, saw the Advanced info and didn't think Masters, Doh!

cs

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    Yep. I know how the site works. Still not a single word about the master designation. Only for the basic, advanced, and/or dual certified. Hence the original question. Seems no one here actually knows.
    Brian, once a Master, always a Master.....BUT.. unless you keep up with your CE's and renew ( ABOC or ABO-AC) you are considered *inactive*. I hope this helps.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chris, guilty as charged. You can't blame a guy for trying to supplement his beer money.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Thread Information