Thread: I'm down to peroxide only

O.D. Almost Retired
    Occupation
    Optometrist

I'm down to peroxide only

Is it just me, or has everyone stopped shipping free sample sizes of soft lens solutions with cases (starter packs)?

It seems B&L has stopped shipping biotrue kits. Alcon has stopped shipping opti-free again?

Any others still doing it, or is it a grand conspiracy? I've got tons of peroxide systems, and I'm ok with using just that, although I'll still have to deal with sterile saline rinse products for the clumsy and the learning. Any ideas? I prefer NOT to sell CL solutions in my office, but am willing to rethink that.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes both companies seem to have cut back, Alcon more then B&L. Since Alcon changed their policy to only giving offices enough solution for the number of new fits they think the office does (which seems to be too low) we're lucky if we get 1 case every 12-18 months. With B&L, last year they were shipping us a case once every 2 months, now it seems to be once every 4 months. Though with B&L, I can call my rep and she will send me an extra case. With Alcon if I call, all they send me are those packs with the case and coupon.
    And no we do not sell solutions for soft CLS.

Optical Thingymajig OptiBoard Gold Supporter PartTimer's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    You're not crazy, they have definitely cut back. I used to have cases and cases sent to me, plenty of extras. Now it's all peroxide. They treat this stuff like they do rebates, like they are doing me some huge favor by sending it to me. Nobody is knocking down my door for one brand or the other, so I think it's a bad idea on the manufacturer's part. I bought a few big bottles of off brand stuff for when we get low. I let B&L and Alcon reps know that. Like jpways, B&L was responsive if I called, Alcon just sends me pretty toilet paper and a case.

Doc doesn't want to sell the stuff here, but I don't know if that would be a bad thing. Other than the fact that I don't want to store more stuff at this location! Quite a few ask if we sell it, though.

Thread Information