I worked for wallyworld back in the early 1990's. Over the years after I left the company I have been notified a couple of times that I was part of a class action suit. One was employees forced to work off the clock. Another was woman receiving lower pay than men. I didn't get too excited as the listed "award" was $20 per employee. I haven't received a check yet.

As an aside, I worked in wallyworld small one hour labs during both pregnancies, and both my sons have birth defects that are listed as "possibly" connected to BPA exposure. But BPA exposure comes from everything from food and drink, to everyday materials our kids play with. How could anyone directly prove a birth defect came from working in a lab cutting polycarbonate lenses? Secondly, these same birth defects can come from other sources than BPA, so how can anyone prove the source? Unless lab workers underwent a specific blood test for toxins in their system? But the research says low levels of BPA can cause as much damage as high levels. So I would guess even if I get another class action suit notification, I won't sit waiting for a $20 check. But in all reality, birth defects in your children are not fun , and if they can be prevented I hope more research can be done.