Thread: Recall system????

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Recall system????

I am currently trying to convince the doctors that we need to update to an actual recall system for our office! Between social media, and cell phones alone, people want convenience and they want it now! I would like for us to move into a recall system that will call our patient's, text them, send emails and even have some inside marketing techniques. I have seen a couple that are out there for optometry practices, but I was really hoping I could get some first hand advice on a system. Is anyone out there using one, and what one would you recommend? HELP!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Best of luck. My office's recall system is me.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use Websystem3 it does all of what you mentioned, including a survey option for patients to fill out after their visit. Most of the time it works well. However, if you have multiple locations it can cause some hassles. Our patients tend to move between offices for different visits, depending on what days which Doctors are in which office, it doesn't seem to recognize if we cancel in one office and rescheduled to a different location. We used Televox before that and it was ok as well but didn't seem to have as many options.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    If you take the time to Google "computer patient recall systems" you will find about 967,000 results in less than a second. Here is one for example:

https://www.solutionreach.com/servic...patient-recall

You might also check with your telecom provider.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Not having a recall system is a mistake....for almost any practice, IMO. We heavily used postcards and letters in the past. Now we use robo-calling to the primary phone number(not necessarily the home, who has a home phone anymore...), and if they don't respond, we send them an email, and if they don't respond, we send a text message. Our emails or texts go out with a link. They simply click it and they can schedule their appointment LIVE online to our computer. (Don't worry, we're protected).

At first I thought our patients would complain, but my experience has been the opposite....they LIKE it.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    DemandForce is a pretty great system, integrates with many EHR/practice management programs, and you can usually have it paid for through your reward points from whoever's lenses you are using.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Redhot Jumper if here is a Robot talking to me I just hang up..........

When my phone rings and if here is a Robot talking to me I just hang up...........as simple as that. There must be hundred of thousands of others doing the same.

If you want to sell me some glasses ..........do not send the robot to ask me.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Robo calls are used by all of the busiest medical facilities and are a common way of life. While a few people will throw a fit, the overwhelming majority appreciate text, email, and call confirmations.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    When my phone rings and if here is a Robot talking to me I just hang up...........as simple as that. There must be hundred of thousands of others doing the same.

Actually, I feel similar to you...but in the days of sending out Postal mailings, you were lucky to get 1-2% response on a particular offer. I can assure you that the response rate with robo calls and pointing and clicking is greater. Probably greater than 5% of our appointments book themselves by patients clicking a link we gave them. And this number is growing monthly.

We also don't call them to sell them glasses. We promote primary and secondary eye health care.

Occupation
    I much prefer an email to a phone call as I am usually either driving or taking a siesta. In other words, don't bother me. Send an email and I will get to it on my time, not yours, usually within a few hours.

We are presently scrounging up new medical providers here in Naples, Florida and I sure do wish that I could call a quacks office and have a real person answer the phone and help me out. I have been playing phone tag with a few practices for days now and the only solution is to physically drive to their place and get real personal like, face to face.

And, how's the portability part of HIPAA working out for you as a patient? I have had to present my ID, DOB and insurance info a half dozen times at the same practice within a weeks time. I am spending much of my valuable siesta time requesting and rerequesting copies of past medical records. Portability my foot. As screwed up as the VA is, they have the portability thingy all figured out and fully implemented.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post

I am looking primarily for those patients that would like get a text message when their glasses are in, or even to remind them it is time for their yearly appointment! We are a very hands on office with our patients, but as our patient base gets younger and younger, they like convenience. Mailings are becoming a thing of the past (as we notice on our recall rate). Your elderly patients still right back and tell us "I got my card, I need to make my appointment!". But MANY others tell us, "Oh we don't even pay attention to those anymore!". At this point, it is merely going to be about trying to be as diverse as your patient base is becoming. In many ways, even phone calls are becoming "not convenient" for our patients. A lot of them tell us they prefer getting a text message! So we are just trying to find a way to hopefully connect with all of our patients!

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    we send postcards with the usual "it would be nice to SEE you again" message.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We've been using WebSystem3 for a year or more now and it works pretty well. I must admit I enjoy being able to send a text message to notify patients regarding their eyewear or contacts. Its quick and painless for both parties. While it's far from perfect the programs recall system, the notification methods, and the survey ability are all welcome features.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    For prescriptions and appointment reminders, I don't mind robocalls. For everything else, it really annoys me.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have been happy with Solution Reach. I will advise you to look at what interfaces well with your EHR. I know that has been an issue for some folks in the past.

I used Websystem 3 at another office for a while, but had some concerns when they would have outages, but no notifications that there was any issues. You can get discounts with rebates from Coopervision product.

We went with Solution Reach at the new office because I wasn't happy with Crystal PM's portal. It wasn't nice to look at :) I liked the idea of the patient portal through Solution Reach and their ease of use with marketing tools, etc. We also pay quite a bit more for it compared to WS3..but I do think we get our $$ out of it.

Texts, emails, Voice Calls.. I can set up my eyewear notifications to send both text and email, and if unable to text, to do a voice call. I was not able to get voice notifications in WS3. Only for reminder calls. The voice is also much more natural.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am awkward, especially on the phone. It would be so nice if we could convince our clinic to use an automated system, even if only for reminder calls!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieT View Post
    I am awkward, especially on the phone. It would be so nice if we could convince our clinic to use an automated system, even if only for reminder calls!
    Welcome to the forum, AnnieT. It's OK to feel awkward cold calling/answering patient calls. The slight nervousness that you impart will, at least, signal live attention. This is in contrast to the bored, robotic response by some firms. Or.........the automated, press one for....systems of inhumanity.

OP......Try to convince your employer to diversify the system and retain all levels of communication. Simply request, at interview, the preferred method of communication. The overwhelming method(s) will soon become clear. This mixture will result in the patient feeling that they are treated in a personal manner, and usually reciprocate in kind. Winning!
    Enjoy the forum Annie!
    Eyes wide open

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I love our system with Solution Reach. We used to use lighthouse and prior to that sent Postcards. Now it does it all for us and it goes back the entire time we have been in practice. I LOVE it. They text email and call. Oh and they let me record my voice so it wasnt a robot calling. We saw about 20 pt's that hadnt been in for 2-3 years schedule appointments within a week when we turned it on. Not to mention the normal appointment reminders (my no shows almost completely disappeared) and social media things it does.

Thread Information