Thread: listing of practice website on VSP's "find a doctor"

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

listing of practice website on VSP's "find a doctor"

When I go onto VSP's "find a doctor" website I notice that when I click on my practice's website it takes me to a "splash page" on eyefinity rather than to my modern, excellent website. You literally have to click the splash page to be re-directed to my actual website. I pay eyefinity $500/year for nothing (purely because I was told that my website would not even be listed unless I paid). However, I notice that when I click on other doctor's websites it takes me directly to their website and not to that splash page. Are they paying more than I do? How do they avoid being sent through eyefinity. I contacted eyefinity website support and they confirmed that I could not have my website listed unless I paid each year and that even if a website was linked, it would still need to go through eyefinity. They also said that if I didn't like that I should send an email to "premier@vsp.com". This confuses me because it would indicate that those practices that have better website listings are premier practices (but they're not listed as such on the VSP website). What am I missing??

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I fail to see where vsp or vspdirect have listings that show the provider websites.Also, we pay nothing to VSP for web listings.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
    I fail to see where vsp or vspdirect have listings that show the provider websites.Also, we pay nothing to VSP for web listings.
    If you don't pay eyefinity about $500/year you will not have a "website" link on the VSP find a doctor website. In other words, when patients look you up on that site they will not see a link that takes them to your website. Although this may not sound like a big deal I suspect that most younger patients would not even consider going to a practice that doesn't have a website. If you did not pay eyefinity this fee I suspect that you do not have a link listed on "find a vsp doctor". I would be very intrigued if you DO have a link because I would love to stop paying this annual fee.

Thread Information