Thread: Frame Supplier Issue

Bad address email on file Bev Hep-Carter's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Frame Supplier Issue

Hi

I am having worrisome issues with a frame supplier, I have dealt with this company for 4 years and they were bought out by a big company who have no use for a small Dispensary such as mine. I work alone so I have no where else to bounce this off.

Ideally I want to cancel my account and return their product. They have left me in a huge pickle and I worry about their policies which in turn could become a issue if I sell their product and the customer has a problem.

Does anyone know if it is something I am I my rights to do, cancel my account and return the product?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Hep-Carter View Post
    Hi

I am having worrisome issues with a frame supplier, I have dealt with this company for 4 years and they were bought out by a big company who have no use for a small Dispensary such as mine. I work alone so I have no where else to bounce this off.

Ideally I want to cancel my account and return their product. They have left me in a huge pickle and I worry about their policies which in turn could become a issue if I sell their product and the customer has a problem.

Does anyone know if it is something I am I my rights to do, cancel my account and return the product?
    Rights? What's that? Welcome to the world of amalgamation. All you can do is ask the company what their return policy is. Depending on how many pieces you want to return will pose an issue.

The bigger issue is if you're cancelling your account, and even if they agreed to take it back, you would only receive a credit, not a refund. Companies don't mail cheques for returns.

My advice; stop ordering their product immediately, keep the account open just in case for warranties and repairs, then take your remaining stock and sell it off on your discount board with no warranty. This will clear it out of your store in no time.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post
    Rights? What's that? Welcome to the world of amalgamation. All you can do is ask the company what their return policy is. Depending on how many pieces you want to return will pose an issue.

The bigger issue is if you're cancelling your account, and even if they agreed to take it back, you would only receive a credit, not a refund. Companies don't mail cheques for returns.

My advice; stop ordering their product immediately, keep the account open just in case for warranties and repairs, then take your remaining stock and sell it off on your discount board with no warranty. This will clear it out of your store in no time.
    Wise advice.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post

Completely agree.

Bad address email on file Bev Hep-Carter's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks so much that is very helpful and I'm on that advice right now!

Thread Information