Thread: VSP to cut all frame reimbursements 20% unless you sell $6k a year in Marchon/Altair

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

VSP to cut all frame reimbursements 20% unless you sell $6k a year in Marchon/Altair

Does everyone know that VSP will soon cut ALL your frame reimbursements 20% unless you sell at least $6k a year in Marchon and Altair frames? This is retribution for so many practices dropping VSP frames when the expanded into CVS Locations 3 months ago.

There is nothing stopping VSP from increasing this amount and expanding it to lenses every year until they effectively control 75% of your practice, just to make arbitrary sales goals... This is a take over... all without investing a penny in your education or business. VSP takes all the profit and assumes no risk. If you do nothing, it will be a create precedence and they won't be the last plan to grab your boards and dispensary sales. How will you respond?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vsp_online.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	12679
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VSP_online.jpg  

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Full disclosure: I work in a multi location practice that sees a ton of patients with various VSP plans.

We were notified a couple of months ago by a VSP rep that there was going to be a considerable crackdown on practices in regards to the Premier status in June were several practices in our area was going to lose their Premier status for failing to meet their requirements, which will result in lower reimbursements all the way around.

This latest news doesn't surprise me. VSP is doing whatever they can to become a bigger player in the market by following a similar blueprint that Luxottica and Highmark have done.

Its a dog eat dog world out there and some of us are wearing Milk Bone underwear
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    Does everyone know that VSP will soon cut ALL your frame reimbursements 20% unless you sell at least $6k a year in Marchon and Altair frames? This is retribution for so many practices dropping VSP frames when the expanded into CVS Locations 3 months ago.
    Stay tuned at the RaceR will tell you the correct address to send our Thank You notes to
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Where can I find this and print it out to show my doctors? I looked on Eyefinity but couldn't find it anywhere... :(

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by bta89 View Post
    Where can I find this and print it out to show my doctors? I looked on Eyefinity but couldn't find it anywhere... :(

Log onto eyefinity. Click on VSPOnline. Scroll down and click on link titled Update to frame reimbursement policy
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Thread Information