Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: safilo

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper safilo

Holy back orders!!!

thats all, i'm just annoyed.
    "what i need is a strong drink and a peer group." ... Douglas Adams - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by becc971 View Post
    Holy back orders!!!

thats all, i'm just annoyed.
    What are you trying to order?
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    we have 2 elastas that are on 3-4 month backorders, our rep was in today and was telling us that he has almost 300 frames on B/O or something ridiculous. I just feel bad for the reps, our office is pretty cool about it but i know a lot of places aren't. very frustrating and awful customer service, come on meow :(

BTW New guy i was just admiring your profile picture on another thread
    "what i need is a strong drink and a peer group." ... Douglas Adams - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I Feel your Elasta pain. A ton of my demographic are elasta fans. I have about 8 frames on back order. They need to put down their lattes in Italy and get back to making glasses!!!

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    we have 2 elastas that are on 3-4 month backorders, our rep was in today and was telling us that he has almost 300 frames on B/O or something ridiculous. I just feel bad for the reps, our office is pretty cool about it but i know a lot of places aren't. very frustrating and awful customer service, come on meow :(

BTW New guy i was just admiring your profile picture on another thread
    I do not sell Elastas in our office but I do feel your pain. I have a Gucci frame on backorder until May 15th for a patient. (He is away at school so he is willing to wait for it)

and thank you for the compliment on the pic
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I had one back ordered Elasta that I ordered in November and still isn't in. Fortunately the rep had one, but still! I was told by Safilo it is because they are moving their warehouse to Denver... Still that is crazy! I never had back order problems like this!!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Rome wasn't built in a day and that holds true for Safilo.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith LDO View Post
    Rome wasn't built in a day and that holds true for Safilo.
    right but they were founded in 1934, so they should have it figured out by now

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    I had one back ordered Elasta that I ordered in November and still isn't in. Fortunately the rep had one, but still! I was told by Safilo it is because they are moving their warehouse to Denver... Still that is crazy! I never had back order problems like this!!!
    they are also apparently doing something with their manufacturing facility in Italy. What a freaking nightmare, and who the hell authorized them to do both at the same time??!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    they are also apparently doing something with their manufacturing facility in Italy. What a freaking nightmare, and who the hell authorized them to do both at the same time??!!
    Really!!!!

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I can be just a smidgen jaded towards corporate thinking and I can't help but assume they have a formula that when they run say a minimum of 10000 new frames they've waited until 8000 are on BO before they do the next run.

In a way I can't blame the CEO if I know that run will take 2+ years to sell out while a hot seller is gone in 6 and my bonuses are quarterly! Now my attention is getting the hot seller out with a minimum BO.

Got an Elasta 3069 in last month BO from October. But when someone wants a frame made of angle iron they can't be beat.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sell off the shelf and you won't have this problem.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by CME4SPECS View Post
    I usually do, but this guy had a freakishly huge noggin! Needed to upsize.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by CME4SPECS View Post
    I don't think you understand the number of elasta double bars I sell. Actually from my lack of understock I guess I didn't either.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How are you taking care of the BO situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
    I don't think you understand the number of elasta double bars I sell. Actually from my lack of understock I guess I didn't either.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chewin poo and grinnin'. Im honest with the people and use other similar frames (mostly charmant aristar) when possible. Hopefully I'll have some of my most needed models in by the middle of next month.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    good, I was going to suggest Charmant, they have some nice double bar Titaniums.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    right but they were founded in 1934, so they should have it figured out by now
    If you utilize, mysafilo.com, they will let you know if a particular model is on B/O. It won't give you the exact release date but it will be within a month or so.
    Today's consumer has become petulant, an unfortunate byproduct of a me-first driven economy mired in disposability. A quality product requires production time. I have accounts that can take between 4 to 7 months before an order is filled. Managing your frame inventory is crucial and I keep a variety of those frames on hand. From special order hand-made acetates with Asian fits to heavy duty mofo's like Elasta's 3060 and the dreaded 3069, blah. They may not be in vogue but people out there still want their double bridges and if I have them I can sell em.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith LDO View Post
    If you utilize, mysafilo.com, they will let you know if a particular model is on B/O. It won't give you the exact release date but it will be within a month or so.
    That USED to be helpful, but now they have the BO date and they keep changing it. The one I ordered in November was only BO a week or two. They keep changing the date. Do not go by that. Every time I call to check on it, they back it another month!

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Feeling the pain like everyone else. We do big Dior numbers and some frames are on BO till August. August?! And these are brand new frame models. Between that and nearly every other collection having similar issues, its definitely a stress inducer. I'm checking the website date with the patient sitting in front of me now if I'm ordering in a frame, just so I can give them a heads up.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Small wonder. Italy's worker productivity is nothing to write home about. Their economy sucks. Time to make some modifications in your supply chain or only sell what you have in stock.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That USED to be helpful, but now they have the BO date and they keep changing it. The one I ordered in November was only BO a week or two. They keep changing the date. Do not go by that. Every time I call to check on it, they back it another month!
    I ordered a Gucci frame in January for a patient. He wanted that specific frame. The website said it was b/o until February 20. I waited until that date and it still said b/o for my order. I looked up the frame and it said b/o until April 2. Called customer service who said don't worry, the people ordering now are b/o until April 2, but since I had ordered earlier, my order should ship out the week of March 8. Well that came and went and when I searched the frame it showed b/o until April 27. When I called customer service, she said the other service rep had no reason to tell me a ship date of March 8, because they have no idea when it will ship and that even April 27 is a tentative date. There is no eta that they can give me. I said they had told me this from the start I could've told my patient that, so he would be ordering if he didn't mind waiting indefinitely. I have never had an issue with b/o safilo frames, so I never thought to question the date from the start. The rep just seemed annoyed and told me to call my rep for further assistance, but he has yet to reply to me.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My reps are really good. I feel bad for them because it's not their fault but they are definitely feeling the strain. I still have one patient waiting for a BO frame that the rep can't get. He is willing to wait since he is not in a rush. I have offered several times to order in another frame that is similar from another company for him to try instead, but he keeps saying he'll wait. Our lenses are already ground and waiting to be edged at the lab. Frustrating, but I will not order any other frames that are on BO.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My reps are really good. I feel bad for them because it's not their fault but they are definitely feeling the strain. I still have one patient waiting for a BO frame that the rep can't get. He is willing to wait since he is not in a rush. I have offered several times to order in another frame that is similar from another company for him to try instead, but he keeps saying he'll wait. Our lenses are already ground and waiting to be edged at the lab. Frustrating, but I will not order any other frames that are on BO.
    Yea, I definitely learned my lesson after this and will not order anymore BO lenses either.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok so here's a good one. I have a patient who picked up his glasses just a few days ago... Elasta frame. All is happy and well. And then he just sat on the couch and the hinge "exploded." Yup. Exploded. Looks like it too. Nothing else is wrong with the specs, so I believe him. Now everything is backordered. Nothing in stock. No parts. My rep is great and is looking for something, but still! So angry. Pt is great. Just kinda laughed it off, but still...ticked me off.

Thread Information