Thread: Non IDC lab Invoice

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Non IDC lab Invoice

If a job is submitted to VSP as a non IDC lab invoice we can get great work, have it edged in house and get paid pretty well.

This seems to be a decent option for many jobs - especially those that I want to have control of the finishing work.

I have a high cyl trivex job for a special needs gentlemen. I want to be in control of the finish work. I am going to file it IDC. What are the pitfalls down the road I can run into if I were to incorporate this type of finishing work into my VSP jobs?

Thanks in advance guys

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I wrote about this a few weeks back. VSP is limiting the non IDC thing to only certain situations , such as a specialty lens or mounting that has to be sent to a proprietary lab, like Maui Jim or Oakley. You can not do "special lens" pricing as a matter of routine.

Now I do know of offices that will offer special pricing or match VSP copays and not submit to ins because they can get better than chargeback pricing via packages and buying groups ...
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

O.D. Almost Retired
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I agree that it's tough to do, but if you find a way to do it, let us know. I'd really like to finish all tough jobs and expensive frames in office. Had too many mess ups on Lindberg jobs, etc. Even frames "lost". I cringe when I have to send a $700+ frame into the vsp lab. Don't get me wrong, they do a great job most of the time, but the ones that require special expertise or handling, not so much.

Thread Information