I've been referring my customers who need exams to other area ODs...and getting good feed back from them regarding the exam and the Optometrists themselves. Since I know these Optometrists ( having worked with them on occasion ) I know they're happy for the patients I send them. Although I don't advertise this ( only word of mouth ), I usually deduct the cost of the exam from their frame and lens purchase ( when they bring the script back to me ). Does any one know of any ethical barriers being crossed over regarding this type of thing? I know some " retail opticals " that also do this on occasion, and very successful at it. I'm concerned about any possible legal ramifications.
I have had an Optometrist here in my store for 3 days a week and will soon be going to work for the Vista ( WalMart ) outfit. Since my OD is only 3 years out of Optometry School, there is no network of buddy ODs that I could possibly connect with to help me out. Any one have any ideas on the subject? I'd really would like some opinions. Always good to here from fellow Optiboarders. Thanks!

Eyecon