Thread: More Intermediate for Office Work

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

More Intermediate for Office Work

so I've had two patients who are first time progressive wearers that use their computer heavily for work. One does taxes and the other is an Insurance Coordinator.

I've put them in the same progressive (Varilux Physio). However both of them seem to have trouble seeing their computer. I tried adjusting it to see if maybe they were looking through the transition between distance and intermediate, but that didn't work. I want to switch them to a Unity PLx19, here are there rxs

patient 1:

OD +1.50
    OS +1.75 -0.25 X 145 Add 2.00 sg ht 24. PD 58
    frame is a Clearvision\BCBG, Mila, 52/16/135

patient 2:

OD +1.25
    OS +3.00 -1.00 X 010 Add 1.75 sg ht 23 PD 30.5OU

frame is a Silhouette 58/21/145.

What are some of your suggestions

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Both are(were, long ago) candidates for "office lenses" of which there are many produced by various lens makers.

Note to self:
    Why do we all seem to assume that a street progressive is a comfortable occupational device?
    Eyes wide open

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper .......well said

Quote Originally Posted by uncut View Post

Both are(were, long ago) candidates for "office lenses" of which there are many produced by various lens makers.

Note to self:
    Why do we all seem to assume that a street progressive is a comfortable occupational device?

.......well said

at a + 2.00 addition on a progressive you are close to the smallest aperture and have a very small field of near vision.

Computer screens get larger all the time and a good field of vision is a must.

In my own case I just love my ST 35 with the distance fitted for the screen and the near segment for close up, all in a large size frame and that gives me a perfect working instrument.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by uncut View Post

Note to self:

I did want to put them in a Shamir Workspace or Office. But the patients wanted an everyday progressive.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by iD View Post
    I did want to put them in a Shamir Workspace or Office. But the patients wanted an everyday progressive.
    They should use both. Insist on it.

One pair of shoes? One mode of transportation? One mode of communication?

I think not.

The swiss-army-knife eyeglass does not exist, and only contact lenses(with limitations) comes close to removing years from someone's current visual performance.
    Eyes wide open

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Nikon Online Wide if they want to use it mostly for just Int and reading. If they want some Distance in there as well maybe the Nikon Home and Office

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A lot of the issues people have with computers and progressives are because the computer screens on desktops are too high. If they have to tilt their heads back to see the screen than this is at least part of the problem. Straight ahead in progressives is distance so the screen needs to be lower than the straight ahead view. The eyes should be at the very top of the screen.

If if the screen is too high no regular progressive is going to work well. If you just need a progressive with a slightly wider intermediate consider the Definity.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Happylady View Post
    A lot of the issues people have with computers and progressives are because the computer screens on desktops are too high. If they have to tilt their heads back to see the screen than this is at least part of the problem. Straight ahead in progressives is distance so the screen needs to be lower than the straight ahead view. The eyes should be at the very top of the screen.

If if the screen is too high no regular progressive is going to work well. If you just need a progressive with a slightly wider intermediate consider the Definity.
    My thoughts exactly, I make sure to inform every patient that standard progressives are a multi-purpose lense where as it does everything reasonably well but does not work perfectly for any situation... dropping the moniter will definitely help but an occupational pal or modified FT would better serve.

Thread Information