Thread: NicoDerm Introduces New Nicotine Eye Patch

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

NicoDerm Introduces New Nicotine Eye Patch

PHILADELPHIA—Praising the product as an effective and convenient means of helping individuals quit smoking, pharmaceutical manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline announced Wednesday the release of its new NicoDerm eye patch.

“These discreet and easy-to-use eye patches allow users to curb their cigarette cravings by delivering a steady flow of therapeutic nicotine directly into the bloodstream through the optic nerve,” said company spokesperson Caitlin Timmons, adding that the user simply removes the backing from the patch and applies the adhesive layer directly on their exposed cornea.

“Individuals can choose to place the patch on their left eye or right eye, and the extended-release technology will reduce withdrawal symptoms for up to 72 hours.

We recommend, however, that users don’t put on more than one at a time.” Officials told reporters that the NicoDerm eye patch might cause side effects such as trouble sleeping, burning at the application site, and poor depth perception.

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Even more health news from the Optiboard newswires.

LASIK Surgery Allows Baron To See Without Monocle

NEWS IN BRIEF October 29, 2015
    VOL 47 ISSUE 50 Health · Healthcare · Our Annual Year 2015

KÖNIGSBERG, EAST PRUSSIA—Baron Fritz von Friedrich VII, steward of Württemberg, told reporters Saturday that the LASIK surgery he recently underwent to correct the vision in his left eye has been an unmitigated success, allowing him to see without the aid of a monocle for the first time in 30 years. "I grew so dreadfully weary of affixing my monocle whenever I wished to look over a writ concerning one parcel of land or another," said the baron, adding that the sunglass monocle he had to wear while his eye recovered was worth the inconvenience, though its darkened lens forced him to rely upon the opinion of his manservant when selecting a dressing gown each morning. "Now if only they had some miracle remedy for my terribly sensitive hands so I didn't have to wear these wretched white gloves all the time!" Von Friedrich added that he was most grateful for the fact that he will never again have to wear contact monocles, the gold chains of which badly irritated his eye.

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Thread Information