Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindberg Assembly Instruction Sheet?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Lindberg Assembly Instruction Sheet?

Does anyone have an instruction sheet on working with Lindberg or Lindberg style "1 piece", wire, no-screw frames?

Thanks

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    You might find this helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egQ2cc5IEus

Lots of other related videos here

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What exactly are you looking for? They have many different frame styles but we are dealers and they are our number 1 seller for 15+ years.
    I am working on a project that will be launched soon that will contain all of this information by providing the frame company a spot to allow folks to retrieve to ensure frames are built properly.
    www.automaticlenssystem.com is coming.

Occupation
    Say what! www.automaticlenssystem.com is coming.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Craig,

For lack of a better description I'm looking for mounting/edging instructions for the "one-piece", twisted-wire style they are famous for.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    Lindberg frames will hardly make a dent in any market.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by John@OWDC View Post
    Craig,

For lack of a better description I'm looking for mounting/edging instructions for the "one-piece", twisted-wire style they are famous for.
    For publication or 2 do a job?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by HindSight2020 View Post
    You are right as always; they are not even a viable company. Silhouette also has had no impact on the market. Please tell me the name of your company so we can see the work you do. See if you are larger and more impactful than Lindberg?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    For publication or 2 do a job?
    Just so I have an accurate description for members when I mention them on the website under: "Beyond the standard mountings mentioned above you will also find _____________________ and _______________________."

Or something like that.

Occupation
    You are right as always; they are not even a viable company. Silhouette also has had no impact on the market. Please tell me the name of your company so we can see the work you do. See if you are larger and more impactful than Lindberg?
    Silhouette is much better quality, has nicer, easier products to work with and is much more impactful.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Silhouette is much better quality, has nicer, easier products to work with and is much more impactful.
    WHAAAAAAT! I am biased but in my opinion as a guy who does 70% drills; the Lindberg mounting is the best overall! We do everything but have the least issue with Spirit by far. I have worn the solid gold for over 12 years and they are perfect. They are not the number one seller at $700 because they are not appreciated by clients.

Silhouette is the drill king! They are both great quality companies who offer unique products and are the market leaders and makers. I will help double the sales of drills in accounts that want to offer them.

Sorry you will not be part of the program; we will try to make it anyway.

Craig

It must be nice to make comments on a public forum and hide behind your HIndSight2020 when this is only 2016? What company do you work for that makes such public statements? I will no longer entertain anyone who has to hide behind a keyboard.

Occupation
    WHAAAAAAT! I am biased but in my opinion as a guy who does 70% drills; the Lindberg mounting is the best overall! We do everything but have the least issue with Spirit by far. I have worn the solid gold for over 12 years and they are perfect. They are not the number one seller at $700 because they are not appreciated by clients.

Silhouette is the drill king! They are both great quality companies who offer unique products and are the market leaders and makers. I will help double the sales of drills in accounts that want to offer them.

Sorry you will not be part of the program; we will try to make it anyway.

Craig

It must be nice to make comments on a public forum and hide behind your HIndSight2020 when this is only 2016? What company do you work for that makes such public statements? I will no longer entertain anyone who has to hide behind a keyboard.
    My apologies but is this not the place where people in the ophthalmic industry are entitled to go and state an opinion? My posts are my own personal opinions and are based on the facts that I have experienced during my career. I understand your passion for a specific brand, however my comments are are my comments and not meant to be derogatory, so please relax.

My point is that if you walk into any office across North America, many do not offer any brand of drill mount frames, and even if they do the amount on their board is never more than 5 to 10% of their total inventory. Hence my opinion this is not a game changer in the ophthalmic frame market.

You did mention that you sell 70% drill mounts, but this is certainly not the norm for any office. In my own experience, I just find the Sils are easier to assemble, cost less and have the same impact to the customer. The average Joe customer wouldn't be able to distinguish the difference at a glance.

As for your program, I pointed out the pitfalls to a risky startup as a gesture since I myself have been there quite a few times. Best of luck with the project and will pop by the booth at VEE, if the snow has melted by then.
    Last edited by HindSight2020; 01-25-2016 at 06:42 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My apologies but is this not the place where people in the ophthalmic industry are entitled to go and state an opinion? My posts are my own personal opinions and are based on the facts that I have experienced during my career. I understand your passion for a specific brand, however my comments are are my comments and not meant to be derogatory, so please relax.

My point is that if you walk into any office across North America, many do not offer any brand of drill mount frames, and even if they do the amount on their board is never more than 5 to 10% of their total inventory. Hence my opinion this is not a game changer in the ophthalmic frame market.

You did mention that you sell 70% drill mounts, but this is certainly not the norm for any office. In my own experience, I just find the Sils are easier to assemble, cost less and have the same impact to the customer. The average Joe customer wouldn't be able to distinguish the difference at a glance.

As for your program, I pointed out the pitfalls to a risky startup as a gesture since I myself have been there quite a few times. Best of luck with the project and will pop by the booth at VEE, if the snow has melted by then.
    It is great to view your opinion but why hide behind a fake name? It is easy to voice an opinion when it is blind/

Please tell me the name of your company so I can make sure to avoid it!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How the heck does this: "Does anyone have an instruction sheet on working with Lindberg or Lindberg style "1 piece", wire, no-screw frames?"

End up as a flame out?

Craig, I'll call you later today - THANK YOU

HindSight - Stick to the Thread Subjects and maybe we can all learn something instead of starting mini-rants? If you don't have an answer to the question. "
    Does anyone have an instruction sheet on working with Lindberg or Lindberg style "1 piece", wire, no-screw frames?" Then maybe you could have just skipped this thread and moved on to another one? I don't recall my posting, "Does anyone have opinions on Lindberg or Lindberg style "1 piece", wire, no-screw frames?" If I had, your thoughts would have been most sincerely welcome! And, I really mean that!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How the heck does this: "Does anyone have an instruction sheet on working with Lindberg or Lindberg style "1 piece", wire, no-screw frames?"

End up as a flame out?

HindSight - Stick to the Thread Subjects and maybe we can all learn something instead of starting mini-rants? If you don't have an answer to the question. "
    Does anyone have an instruction sheet on working with Lindberg or Lindberg style "1 piece", wire, no-screw frames?" Then maybe you could have just skipped this thread and moved on to another one? I don't recall my posting, "Does anyone have opinions on Lindberg or Lindberg style "1 piece", wire, no-screw frames?" If I had, your thoughts would have been most sincerely welcome! And, I really mean that!
    Thanks for your response; folks seem to enjoy peeing on the campfire to entertain themselves for some reason? If you don't have anything constructive to say why open your ___? Negative is always easier but not the way to make friends and encourage others.

I am about building people up and helping them and not using my knowledge as a negative hammer in the name of "my hidden name but open opinions".

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Blue Jumper

As a former frame distributor and not knowing anything the Lindberg brand name I made a search.

I finally found them on the German Zeiss website with which they they seem to have a heavy involvement.

Here is part of the text translated into english:

Simplicity and elegance: LINDBERG eyewear and sunglass lenses ZEISS - a summer hit BETTER VISION asked to be replaced by the manufacturer LINDBERG what makes the LINDBERG sunglasses. The Danish royal family, politicians, business leaders and celebrities wear them - the spectacle frames of Lindberg, the Danish designer glasses. A special highlight is its this year's sunglasses collection. They once again underlines the Danish-minimalist, elegant design, for the LINDBERG so well known and popular. Since quality combines, all frames are equipped with ZEISS lenses. BETTER VISION wanted to know what makes this collection and why ZEISS sunglass lenses fit so well to it. LINDBERG Model 8569

The success story began in LINDBERG the 80s in Denmark. Poul-Jorn Lindberg drafted together with the architect Hans Dissing the first joint and screwless eyeglass frame

design with the name "AIR Titanium". Since then are LINDBERG eyewear for outstanding aesthetics, technical innovation and high-quality workmanship, are made from lightweight eyeglasses, rimless titanium. LINDBERG eyeglass frames are unique and focuses on the essentials: without annoying screws, rivets and welds. One can say LINDBERG manufactures the lightest and most comfortable glasses frames in the world, which are still surprisingly robust and flexible. Since 2009 LINDBERG also manufactures sunglasses. Already then, LINDBERG decided to complement this collection of sunglass lenses by ZEISS. BETTER VISION: LINDBERG and ZEISS have been working together for quite a while. Why the first sunglasses versions have already been equipped with ZEISS lenses in 2009?

LINDBERG: We have then chosen ZEISS because we were looking for a partner who offers us for our sunglasses as exceptional visual performance, the best UV protection and at the same time seductive colors. This fits perfectly with our products. BETTER VISION: That was 2009. Let us come to speak to the new sunglasses collection. Where do the ideas for the shapes, the style and of course, the colors of frame and glasses come from? LINDBERG: It is difficult to identify exactly where our ideas come from. We at LINDBERG want be inspired not only by the last fashion. On the contrary, we allow ourselves the "here and now" and the everyday things that surround us inspire: the music or the food. For us, design is a way of thinking - about shapes, colors and materials combined with art, crafts and comfort. And although we get our inspiration from many things, we always keep our values ​​in mind: Glasses with no frills. We want to ensure that our sunglasses always meet our standards - they need to be attractive and comfortable to wear.

See all of it: =========>
    http://www.zeiss.de/vision-care/de_d...ommer-hit.html

Occupation

End up as a flame out?

Well, thank you John you party pooper. I was really enjoying this brouhaha until you stuck your two cents worth in.

Don't you realize that the internet is inhabited by anonymous and fictitious trolls, minions and individuals with delusions of grandeur and should come with a disclaimer "This site for amusement only and is not intended to reflect reality in any way" although some smart *** will occasionally inject a valid thought or two.

I hope that your well meaning message will pass unnoticed and thanks for ruining my day.

By the way, have you ever seen The Music Man or heard the old joke Its Coming?

Occupation

End up as a flame out?

Guys go and enjoy a pint for god's sake.

looking up the answers smallworld's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    This link isn't working.
    What is reality but a concept unique to each of us? Can anything be classed as real when our perceptions differ greatly on so many things? Just because we see something a particular way does not make it so.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    This link isn't working.

Will be soon.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Guys go and enjoy a pint for god's sake.
    Let's really get off base. I think God should have been capitalized? Gulp Gulp Gulp.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for your response; folks seem to enjoy peeing on the campfire to entertain themselves for some reason? If you don't have anything constructive to say why open your ___? Negative is always easier but not the way to make friends and encourage others.

I am about building people up and helping them and not using my knowledge as a negative hammer in the name of "my hidden name but open opinions".
    You may want to go back to post #13, and your response. Building yourself up maybe.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gilman View Post
    Let's really get off base. I think God should have been capitalized? Gulp Gulp Gulp.
    Agree. Go Trump.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Agree. Go Trump.
    Now your throwing gasoline on the fire.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gilman View Post
    Now your throwing gasoline on the fire.
    Nah, not at all. I shall start another thread for the politics. Don't want to 'peepee' on the thread.

Thread Information