Howdy!

I don't post very much here, but today I figured would be an awesome time to do so.

In the past week, I have had two different patients both complain about everything having a yellow hue when looking out of their glases. One patient is in a trifocal with no coatings (full wire frame), and the other is in a SV lens with Crizal Avance (drill mount). Both are in trivex, but neither have transitions or any other lens options.

The other optician in the office as well as our lab guy and I are all stumped as to why these two patients are seeing yellow, especially when we all wear trivex lenses and do not see any odd coloring.

We have all inspected the lenses in various lighting situations against a white paper background and we are not seeing any of the yellow tint that the patients are complaining of.

I have not come across this issue ever in the years I have worked in optical, and I was wondering if anybody else has had a similar issue.

FYI: these lenses are BRAND NEW. They are not aged lenses; they are recently purchased and dispensed.

Thanks in advance!