Thread: Help!!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Help!!

My Santinelli 9000 wheel made some noise for a minute, then quit spinning, and I smell a faint burnt smell. Assuming the motor fried. Anyone know if these can be purchased and installed by myself? Got a stack of jobs and unhappy glasses wearers, of course. thanks in advance for any advice anyone has...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    this will not help, and I am not a tech but i've tinkered a bit

It has been my experience that when a santinelli works(regardless of the model), it is a workhorse of a machine. Unfortunatly, if the horse breaks a leg (in most cases) it is not worth the thousands of dollars it would take to get a tech out there and diagnose, fix and re calibrate the machine. It does sound like the motor, but it could be a belt. Have you taken it apart? Does the grinding wheel respond at all? The burning smell might just be a belt that needs to be replaced, but if its the motor or bearings........yikeserdoodle its gonna be expensive to fix.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it was the motor. I took it out and ordered another one. Ouch....

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Be glad that you don't have an ME1200 with the drill motor die. You could pay for an "Elvis in Hawaii" vacation for the cost of that little motor!

Thread Information