Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No charge warranty ???

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
    It was an ophthalmic, but I was told it applied to the whole brand. They could possibly work with me on their non branded lines, but the premium labels, or however they phrased it, could not be addressed period.
    the FREE warranty works very well, in a comparison i did with two different retailers that i worked for, ( one that charged for a warranty, and one that did not, no more patients brought back glasses to use the warranty, either way, but a lot more patients came back to buy again that had the free warranty

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We'll charge $11 copay if the frame is replaced under warranty to cover shipping. If it's an A/R scratch warranty, we eat the cost b/c it's usually just a dollar or two.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    You are certainly free to administer whatever warranty/guarantee plan that you want, as long as you spell it out in all its nasty details prior to the customer placing the order. However, if you start springing unknown conditions and charges on the poor unsuspecting customer when they have a problem you will probably soon gain the reputation of a schlock house and we already have quite enough of those laboring in the eye care vineyard!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    You are certainly free to administer whatever warranty/guarantee plan that you want, as long as you spell it out in all its nasty details prior to the customer placing the order. However, if you start springing unknown conditions and charges on the poor unsuspecting customer when they have a problem you will probably soon gain the reputation of a schlock house and we already have quite enough of those laboring in the eye care vineyard!
    Amen.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would think it would take years to study that, and make an accurate analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by harry a saake View Post
    the FREE warranty works very well, in a comparison i did with two different retailers that i worked for, ( one that charged for a warranty, and one that did not, no more patients brought back glasses to use the warranty, either way, but a lot more patients came back to buy again that had the free warranty

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    you are certainly free to administer whatever warranty/guarantee plan that you want, as long as you spell it out in all its nasty details prior to the customer placing the order. However, if you start springing unknown conditions and charges on the poor unsuspecting customer when they have a problem you will probably soon gain the reputation of a schlock house and we already have quite enough of those laboring in the eye care vineyard!
    yes

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    As many have stated price within the initial sale of the frame/lenses. You can have a practice warranty fee on top of your charge($10-$20) per year. This might offset the warranty and you can retain extra liquidity for your practice. Just a thought.

O.D. Almost Retired
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    For years my policy is to provide no charge warranty replacement for manufacturing defects, but not for accidental damage, and only for the life of the Rx. I offer a special "extended warranty replacement" for accidental damage, 40% off the normal pricing. I charge for shipping anything to a patient unless we caused an unnecessary delay or other problem.

Thread Information