Thread: Never Ever Purchase A Hilton Grand Vacation Club Time Share!!!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Thumbs down Never Ever Purchase A Hilton Grand Vacation Club Time Share!!!

A message to all fellow optiboarders, especially those in the U.S.:

If you are ever considering purchasing a Hilton Grand Vacation Club time share, DO NOT DO IT!

So many vulnerable people are being offered a free 3 night visit to Orlando in one of their properties. Naturally, you must attend one of their seminars while you are there. I repeat DO NOT DO IT!

They will tell you anything you want to hear, but believe me, they are liars. Once you are a timeshare owner, they have you bent over a barrel and is impossible to get out. This sort of activity should be illegal and is a total bait and switch once you sign.

Take my advice...never ever get roped into this - it is a total scam full of thousands of trapped victims that can't get out.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    There's a sucker born every minute and the time share business proves it. It is surprising that this sting is still going strong. I suppose that this proves that good marketing and a strong sales approach can sell anything.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    There's a sucker born every minute and the time share business proves it. It is surprising that this sting is still going strong. I suppose that this proves that good marketing and a strong sales approach can sell anything.
    Lets hope this type of crooked shenanigan sales tactics never enter our industry.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    No one should ever buy a timeshare....EVER.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by fjpod View Post

No one should ever buy a timeshare....EVER.

I bought a piece of land years ago , in my younger years, by being picked up at the beach in Miami for a a free bus tour, see an alligator park and a free lunch for the whole family, south of Naples.

After the lunch we had to watch a movie and got convinced that we had to take the occasion and buy a piece of land in the Everglades that would become a super town some years down the road.

It is still today, in the swamp.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    No timeshares, not anywhere, not ever.
    Swampland....at least you own something.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I actually have one of these coming up in feb in Vegas. Wife booked it, but I do love Vegas. An hour and a half out of my life I will never get back? Yes, but zero intention of buying anything. Just a cheap vacation, some gambling, and hopefully warmer then NC in feb.

Sounds like someone took there checkbook to this.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    I bought a piece of land years ago , in my younger years, by being picked up at the beach in Miami for a a free bus tour, see an alligator park and a free lunch for the whole family, south of Naples.

After the lunch we had to watch a movie and got convinced that we had to take the occasion and buy a piece of land in the Everglades that would become a super town some years down the road.

It is still today, in the swamp.
    Just remember, thirty years ago most of Naples Florida was just one big suck hole. Maybe in another thirty years your heirs will be richer than God.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Redhot Jumper your heirs will be richer than God. .........................

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post

Just remember, thirty years ago most of Naples Florida was just one big suck hole. Maybe in another thirty years your heirs will be richer than God.

Dick, actually I bought three more houses on our Golf course three years ago, when the Canadian Dollar was at par with the US $.

I rented them them for the 3 winter months to the "Snowbirds" so they would pay for themselves.

Today they sell for 50% more, also faster than ever, and the Canadian $ has lost 35% versus the US$, plus they sell within a few days.

My Real Estate friend called me 3 weeks ago and said to come to one place in my area and see how long it would take after he put the "For Sale" sign up. It was sold within 15 minutes.

Have a "Happy New Year".

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Dick, actually I bought three more houses on our Golf course three years ago, when the Canadian Dollar was at par with the US $.

I rented them them for the 3 winter months to the "Snowbirds" so they would pay for themselves.

Today they sell for 50% more, also faster than ever, and the Canadian $ has lost 35% versus the US$, plus they sell within a few days.

My Real Estate friend called me 3 weeks ago and said to come to one place in my area and see how long it would take after he put the "For Sale" sign up. It was sold within 15 minutes.

Have a "Happy New Year".
    Nice one Chris...sweeeeeet.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    HindSight2020[/B];518495]A message to all fellow optiboarders, especially those in the U.S.:

If you are ever considering purchasing a Hilton Grand Vacation Club time share, DO NOT DO IT!

So many vulnerable people are being offered a free 3 night visit to Orlando in one of their properties. Naturally, you must attend one of their seminars while you are there. I repeat DO NOT DO IT!

They will tell you anything you want to hear, but believe me, they are liars. Once you are a timeshare owner, they have you bent over a barrel and is impossible to get out. This sort of activity should be illegal and is a total bait and switch once you sign.

Take my advice...never ever get roped into this - it is a total scam full of thousands of trapped victims that can't get out.
    The Irony of the poster's name.

Thread Information