Hello All,
I have been following OptiBoard and lot of my questions got answered with all the informative input you guys provide here. Thanks for being so supportive.
My family opened up an Optical Goods Retail Store last year.We currently sell all designer Optical goods, specially designer Sunglasses and Frames at our store. Our plan when we opened up the store was to open a store like Sunglass Hut and sell designer Eyewear, but more than half of our customers ask for prescription glasses, and so we are planning to change our store to a proper optical store.
The questions I have are,
1. We currently don't accept any insurance, what will we have to do in order to qualify to accept Vision insurance from customers. (We have accounts opened with Luxotica and Safilo).
2. We are planing to hire a licensed optician for providing service to customers looking for prescription glasses (for example to measurepupillary distance, and to assist customers in picking right frame), is this the right way to go?
3. Do opticians also know how to make prescription glasses? like cutting the lens and fitting them in the frame? (obviously given the equipment is provided)

Please try your best to provide me with the information for above mentioned questions. I know most of these questions are basic and some of them are dumb, but I am new to this field so please be nice.. thanks for your time :)