Thread: second contact lens verification

looking up the answers smallworld's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

second contact lens verification

I received a fax prescription verification for contacts for a person that is not a patient at our clinic. I sent back the form noting this is not our patient and not our rx. I now received a 2nd fax that says they received my fax that said this isn't my patient, but could I look again and it has the exact same information the first fax had on it. So I tried to call the number on the form, and got a disconnected noise and a woman's voice saying this line is busy. I than went online and found a number to call VisionDirect. I was able to talk to a sales person who said it's their company policy to send a 2nd verification fax even after they receive our first fax. How is this acceptable?

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Never heard of that. Usually once I send out the verification either confirming or rejecting the Rx, that's it.

The only reason I can think of them sending it again is because you marked that the patient wasn't seen at your clinic or facility. Other than that I cant think of any other reason for sending it again
    Last edited by newguyaroundhere; 11-20-2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: additional comment
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The sales representative said it's their common practice because many times doctor offices indicate this is not their patient, but then it turns out it is. So now their policy is that they send a second verification after we fax back the first. I asked her how many times they are going to do this and she said "as many times as a patient tries to order contacts".

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That has got to be annoying as hell for the office if someone continues to place an order only to be rejected every single time. You would think the company sending the request out would try to use more than 3 brain cells and realize it isn't going to work out.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They want you to ignore the second request. If you do they can assume the RX is correct and they can fill it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Her logic of why they justify sending us a second fax is that if the doctor is wrong, and it really is their patient, than the consumer becomes angry with VisionDirect and causes them issues with unhappy customers. So this person, who my clinic has never seen has more rights than the other patients I'm trying to wait on, while I sit by the fax machine trying to get a second verification to go through. Surprise surprise the fax line is busy. Even more surprising when you try to talk to customer service and get transferred or hung up on. I don't enjoy the first verification, but I get it. This second verification might push me over the edge if this is the new norm.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    so much for verification....
    this is a common issue for all private practices

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    How many people would be willing to bet that I can order any contact in any power within a week? All you have to do is try different offices, it's still the norm in most practices to throw the verification away. Apparently some people still think the patient doesn't get the contacts if you throw out the verification request. The system is broken.
    http://www.opticians.cc

Creator of the industries 1st HTML5 Browser based tracer software.
    Creator of the industries 1st Mac tracer software.
    Creator of the industries 1st Linux tracer software.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by mizikal View Post
    they want you to ignore the second request. If you do they can assume the rx is correct and they can fill it.
    bingo!!!!!

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeOptics View Post
    The system is broken.
    It's really not. It's working as the onliners planned.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    I received a fax prescription verification for contacts for a person that is not a patient at our clinic. I sent back the form noting this is not our patient and not our rx. I now received a 2nd fax that says they received my fax that said this isn't my patient, but could I look again and it has the exact same information the first fax had on it. So I tried to call the number on the form, and got a disconnected noise and a woman's voice saying this line is busy. I than went online and found a number to call VisionDirect. I was able to talk to a sales person who said it's their company policy to send a 2nd verification fax even after they receive our first fax. How is this acceptable?
    Hand to God and stick a needle in my eye. Last week we had one and the lucky number was 12. In their defense it may have been more if I didn't initiate a call to, Linda Smith. Smith, really a last name like that, you know the're legit. They were faxed in groups of three and spaced between 1 to 2 minutes apart, it sure looked like a marketing tactic to me. It was like a German Blitzkrieg and we were Poland.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Thread Information