Thread: santinelli 9000 leaking!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

santinelli 9000 leaking!

today my santinelli 9000 started leaking somewhere around the area surrounding the drainage hole. When the pumps are running, water comes dripping off the sides of the drain hose, coming from somewhere above. There is no water in the floor of the edger, inside. I thought it was a loose drain hose, and I removed it, trimmed it, and reattached it 2 or 3 times, and the water still came down around the outside of the hose. I checked the hoses from the pumps. No cracks or leaks around the connections. I am working now and can't really investigate, but I unplugged the two pumps separately, one at a time, to see if flow from one might be responsible, and I think (not sure yet, didn't have time to carefully check it out) the dripping only happens when the pump that washes the back of the edging chamber is running. I'll be looking into it further in the wee hours tonight, but I was hoping someone might have some insight, or may have had this problem themselves.
    Last edited by costafreak; 11-03-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't own/operate one of these machines myself, however is there a "seam" that comes together near where the drainage hose attaches? Wondering if there is a crack that is hidden from view due to the wheels blocking line of sight..
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

OptiWizard OptiBoard Bronze Supporter pezfaerie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    An issue we had with the 9000 was a small crack in the chamber that was leaking into the floor of the machine and dripping down the drain hole but you had said there wasn't any water on the inside of the machine. But make sure to inspect the backside of the chamber just in case.
    We also had a similar problem with the pump hoses and found that the hose to that pump had a very small crack in it once we cut and patched the crack all was better. Good Luck :)
    Pez:D

Thread Information