Thread: Hi , I introduce myself

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hi , I introduce myself

Hi all members of Optiboard!
    My name is Andrea, i'm an Optician of 41 y.o. and i still live in Milan Italy.
    After some research with google i find this fantastic forum , so i decided to register and now i'm here.

I would like to share with you my sad story, because only the peoples that are in self business can understand.

I owned wth my family since 1981 an indipendent optical shop in a place near Milan, we have worked strong and made sacrifices for many years.
    In 2006 my Mom became ill with depression and leave me alone in the shop years, my Dad take my Mom and leaves Milan to go in the South of Italy to care of disease of my Mom.

Unfortunatley in the last years ( 2011-2013) the business go down cause the crisis and many other financial problems, i must to close my historical shop on 31.12.2013, that was a tragedy for me and my family but i could not see way out, i make this decision with my bleeding heart and depression.

Now i'm working like an optician, the only work that i love, in a shop in the center of Milan, but i'm unfullfilled of this, i can't see my future in this position, so i decided to leave my country.

Why i'm here, you are asking yourself....
    I'm here so find, if possible, a new opportunity to rebirth, to restart my life, so please be patient with me and if you can help me i will appreciate.

I'm so sorry to have borred your Sunday with my story..
    I try to summarize my story in a few words but i could write a book....

Thank for reading, and a warm hug to all ,

Andrea.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Andrea,

Peace be with you! Your story is heartfelt, sincere, and not at all boring. I'd love to know which country you plan on going to, and finally settling down. If it is the United States, we need skilled, passionate opticians like you!

I'm looking forward to hearing more details...
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Johns, thank you for the reply.
    Sure i like to share my CV with the community, but how?
    Can i write here, or is better to send via email? Sorry for my bad written english, but i hope that the guys understand me.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Welcome to the forum Andrea. So sorry to hear of your family troubles and loss of your family business. It seems as though someone with your motivation could find a proper new home for your talents. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello Andrea,

Welcome to this great forum! I am sorry to hear about your troubles, the situation in Italy must be bad for you to decide to leave everythng behind. What is it you hope to find in another country?
    In my country there is a demand for qualified opticians. Of course you have to learn Dutch and learn to appreciate our wet climate and uninspired cuisine.
    Recently I found another job with the help from a recruitment agent, if you want I can give you her info.
    I wish you all the best.

Dirk

Thread Information